How common is same-sex attraction?

obsessive

Hi i'm currently suffering from OCD and i'm having obsessive sexual thoughts including ones that me feel gay. 9causes me to feel distressesd)I'm just wondering who on here feels attracted to the same sex sometimes ?

outcastlonerfreak

obsessive said:
I'm just wondering who on here feels attracted to the same sex sometimes ?
Well, I am bisexual so I do. I think about women a lot. By the way, what is wrong with having sexual thoughts about the same-sex? Are you homophobic? I hope not :)

Danfalc22

Banned
Have you had these thoughts for a long period of time? Or have they kinda been a new thing.Personaly im never attracted to guys in the slightest,tho alot of people do get confused during puberty as there becoming sexualy active and other situations say like a mid life crisis sorta thing.Alot of people fantasise about certain things but wouldnt actualy do it in real life,some people are very open minded and will sleep with guys or girls for the pleasure rather than because of the way there inclined.So just because your having these thoughts doesnt mean your gay.

I dont understand ocd at all,but maybe it could just be your illness?Maybe your having these thoughts not because your gay but because a part of you maybe worries about being gay.I think you will know the answer deep down if you think about it...ask yourself stuff like why are the thoughts distressing? Because you dislike the idea of being gay or are you scared of being gay... or are the thoughts intrusive ones you just cant get rid of despite you finding them unpleasant.Even if the thoughts are of a sexual nature it doesnt mean your gay... as Thelema bluntly put it maybe you are? I guess you have to look deep inside yourself and think if you could really see yourself being attracted to a guy and being in a relationship ect? which is probaly a confusing and scary thing to do so maybe got to an ocd specific forum... try and find out if this is just your ocd.

Anyway good luck! theres such a stigma attached to men being guy :? dont be suprised to encounter some ignorant idiots

Honda

You are not gay as you know that you get attracted to women but have sexual thoughts of men, it happens to all of us...
Simply cuz were just too horny, just kiddin ... :lol:
I believe being gay can be discovered from an early time, doubting your sexual orientation can be for many reasons or experiences, like never having a girlfriend for a long time or having too much sex with girls that you get bored of it, maybe?

Hedwig

I was watching some sex doctor on some talk show, and she said its normal to be curious about someone of the same sex. But just because you have these thoughts it doesnt make you gay or whatever.

scorpion

The human being is bixual by nature so its ok to feel atracted to the same sex at some point of your life.

Sometimes your preference doesnt go either way, just stays in both.

Tab

Anyone else find it a little ironic about the ads at the bottom of this page?