How can I be more mature?

Diend

I am twenty years old but I have the mind of a 12 year old. My immature minds gets me into trouble a lot. I guess you guys could suggest just to "learn from my mistakes", but I want to know if there are ways to be a more mature person. Some of the things I have trouble with are social norms and decision making. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Diend explain some things that you have done which you consider 'immature' the reason I ask this is because I used to be exactly like this.

SilentBird

This is a bit unrelated but I have learnt not be so critical of other people. They are entitled to their own differing views and style of expression. I'm not saying that you do this but it makes me feel more mature.

Diend

Diend explain some things that you have done which you consider 'immature' the reason I ask this is because I used to be exactly like this.

I made a bad decision today to ditch my partners in a group for my college class. I didn't realize that their grade would be affected because I was not there to present. Recently, my mind has not been serving me well. In terms of other things, I guess I namedrop people, and think it is okay to use other people's names in harmless jokes. Immaturity meaning I don't realize the consequences of my actions.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I made a bad decision today to ditch my partners in a group for my college class. I didn't realize that their grade would be affected because I was not there to present. Recently, my mind has not been serving me well. In terms of other things, I guess I namedrop people, and think it is okay to use other people's names in harmless jokes. Immaturity meaning I don't realize the consequences of my actions.

You already know what it takes to be more mature, it's doing these things that'll make you more mature. There's not some secret way of being mature or something we can tell you, I don't think, that you don't already know. Maybe just be more conscious of yourself so you can make the mature decision you want to before realizing it in hindsight.

Oizys

Learning to think things through, even things that don't seem all that important, is a good step to being more ''mature''.

JuiceB

I am twenty years old but I have the mind of a 12 year old. My immature minds gets me into trouble a lot. I guess you guys could suggest just to "learn from my mistakes", but I want to know if there are ways to be a more mature person. Some of the things I have trouble with are social norms and decision making. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.
You are gonna make some mistakes, there's no way around it. As long as you learn from those mistakes you will grow. Sorry.

And I know where you're coming from. I was a slow learner growing up and I still have a ways to go.