How bad do you have to be???

Off The Wall

I'm so mad right now. I think i created a post awhile ago about calling up for help. They finally rang me back i missed the call but they left a message saying that they arn't accepting me and i'd be better off getting therapy with a GP. GP?????? are you kidding me they get like what 5hrs training on mental health??? How can you deny someone off getting help?

I was so excited when i saw i had a message from them, i've done cbt before and i know how helpful it is. i was pretty young doing it before and i dont think i was in the headspace to want to get better. I'm so there now i'd do anything to get rid of this... and then you get idiot people that tell you they arn't going to help? i have to go to my stupid doctor who has no idea about anything i've been to so many doctors and none of them understand anything obviously they haven't had the years of training on mental health. i honestly can't believe they left that message it said ring them back pfft whatever as if i'm gonna ring back... i'm so mad it was serioulsy my last option and i finally just got the guts to ring up and then no one takes you seriously..

what am i suppose to do? Go swallow a whole jar of pills? (i'm not going to) but really just because i'm not suicidal its like no one takes you seriously ever. sorry i have something to live for. well the only reason i'm living is because i dont wanna hurt my family more then i already have

spose i'll go back to the doctors and request every test possible to try and rule out that i have anxiety as i've done so many times cause apparently i'm not screwed up enough to be given proper treatment. sitting in your house 24/7 is totally normal and getting a panic attack every time your in public is normal not having friends is normal hating yourself is normal crying for no reason is normal.. incase you weren't all aware.

SilentType

Banned
Yeah GPs aren't the best to talk about anxiety problems with. They shrug it off like it's nothing, leaving us to feel worse.

I would look for a directory of psychologists in your area. There has to be someone who will see you, and they will refer you to a psychiatrist if you need medication.

There can be a long waiting list for these types of services though. I got into a psychologist right away, but it took 6 months to get into the psychiatrist. Did they tell you there would be a waiting period or just tell you no? That would seem very harsh.

Peace

Sure_whynot

I dont have much knowledge in this department but I know how aggravating getting therapy or treatments can be. Just stay strong, if you never give up then failure is not an option. Keep fighting to get the therapy you need.

Best of luck!

X sure.