How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
What are you getting operated on?

Well, basically, because ah walk up on ma the ball o' ma right foot, ah need tae git ma Achilles tendon lengthened. Need tae git a few bones fused an' restructured tae git ma heel flat on the ground, or as close tae that as possible. Ah also need summit done tae ma metatarsal bones anaw on baith feet coz both ma feet're startin' tae point inward, if that aw makes sense? Also, because ma feet are stiff in term of moment - and they're got use tae position they're in currently - the surgery's kinda work against ma cerebral palsy, so ah might need mair operations in the future.

But ah might as well go fur it noo an' git the surgery, since ah got that wheelchair ramp fitted tae ma hoose. It's no' like last time when it took twa folk tae manoeuvre the chair in the backdoor. Though, at the time, ah did huv ma right leg stick straight oot in front o' me in a big blue full-leg plaster-cast.

GraybeardGhost

it's a complete white out so not much to see but here ya go! :)
Thanks, Molly! :)

Real snow is one of the many things I miss from way back when.

Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving, Christmas, falling leaves, snow . . . all gone or out of reach.

What a sorry thing it is to be a recluse. :sad:

dottie

Well, basically, because ah walk up on ma the ball o' ma right foot, ah need tae git ma Achilles tendon lengthened. Need tae git a few bones fused an' restructured tae git ma heel flat on the ground, or as close tae that as possible. Ah also need summit done tae ma metatarsal bones anaw on baith feet coz both ma feet're startin' tae point inward, if that aw makes sense? Also, because ma feet are stiff in term of moment - and they're got use tae position they're in currently - the surgery's kinda work against ma cerebral palsy, so ah might need mair operations in the future.

But ah might as well go fur it noo an' git the surgery, since ah got that wheelchair ramp fitted tae ma hoose. It's no' like last time when it took twa folk tae manoeuvre the chair in the backdoor. Though, at the time, ah did huv ma right leg stick straight oot in front o' me in a big blue full-leg plaster-cast.

Wow, that sounds major. When do you get it all done? I'll be thinking about you.

MollyBeGood

Glad you guys liked them :) Sometimes being a recluse hermit out here in the middle of nowhere is close to paradise as I can imagine. You could have it back if you wanted someday, Ghost. I hope you do.

Thanks-He loves the snow so much, Dottie, he makes snow angels in it all of the time! He is a freak in the snow! I want to clone him. I bet your labs would be the same way...you have labs right?

Graeme1988

Wow, that sounds major. When do you get it all done? I'll be thinking about you.

Awww, thanks dottie. :thumbup:

Aye, it does sound pretty major... But the option of gittin' surgery again has bin on the table since ah got the first surgery when ah was 14. And ah was'nae that keen tae jump intae gittin' surgery 5 years ago, withoot really knowin' whit's gonnae happen. Coz they'd offer me the surgery back in March 2009.

Eh, ah'll probably git the surgery early next year since the orthopedic surgeon ah saw yesterday said he's gonnae git a second opinion afore ah go ahead with the surgery. But ah'll no' be in hospital too long, mibbe just 3 days at maist. And it no' really ideal gittin' it this late in the year.

dottie

Awww, thanks dottie. :thumbup:

Aye, it does sound pretty major... But the option of gittin' surgery again has bin on the table since ah got the first surgery when ah was 14. And ah was'nae that keen tae jump intae gittin' surgery 5 years ago, withoot really knowin' whit's gonnae happen. Coz they'd offer me the surgery back in March 2009.

Eh, ah'll probably git the surgery early next year since the orthopedic surgeon ah saw yesterday said he's gonnae git a second opinion afore ah go ahead with the surgery. But ah'll no' be in hospital too long, mibbe just 3 days at maist. And it no' really ideal gittin' it this late in the year.

OK, so you've some time... I thought you were heading in this week. Are your feet in pain being that way? I hope not.

dottie

Glad you guys liked them :) Sometimes being a recluse hermit out here in the middle of nowhere is close to paradise as I can imagine. You could have it back if you wanted someday, Ghost. I hope you do.

Thanks-He loves the snow so much, Dottie, he makes snow angels in it all of the time! He is a freak in the snow! I want to clone him. I bet your labs would be the same way...you have labs right?

You should do a video of him out there! My labs have never seen snow before, that would be something else haha...

Graeme1988

OK, so you've some time... I thought you were heading in this week.

Naw, naw, ah dinnae git the surgery this week. Ma local hospital would huv tae refer me fur surgery, then send me oot a letter tellin' me when ah'll be gittin' said operation, and that ah'd need tae stay overnight for a few days - before and after ma surgery. Anyway - nae idea why ah jist bored ye wi' the trival details o' the NHS in the UK? :idontknow:

But, aye, ah've got a bit mair some time tae think it over. But ah definitely think it time tae huv the surgery.

Are your feet in pain being that way? I hope not.

Aye, but just on the balls of ma feets. Ma feet are usually in agony if ah've been walkin' for a while. Other than that, it's at a level ah cun tolerate.

dottie

Aye, but just on the balls of ma feets. Ma feet are usually in agony if ah've been walkin' for a while. Other than that, it's at a level ah cun tolerate.

Ugh, sorry to hear. It makes me grateful for my feet (as unsightly as they are hehe)

Lavinialuna

Graeme1988

No' great, but ah dinnae feel like talkin' aboot how ah feelin' the noo coz ah'm tired an' need tae git some sleep. Ah'm startin' tae feelin' a wee bit depressed, ah'll say that much. Also, cannae take much this "Keep the peace / Grin an' buckin' bare it!" mentality ma mum keeps spewin'... :kickingmyself: Wish ah hud somebuddy tae talk tae, but ah dinnae. No in real life, anyway. :sad: On a mair positive note, ah'm still very much on a high fae seein' the legendary Scottish comedian Billy Connolly this past Sunday. :bigsmile: That wuz a great night.

Regret93

Slightly drunk at the moment. The past 2 days, I've been pretty content, somewhere between happy and depressed, so I've been trying to stay that way for as long as I can.

Kiwong

It is sad, he had heart, which most pollies today are lacking. Well done for being able to speak into a microphone, I would've run away!

Yeah Gough did a whole lot of great things that I consider matters of substance.

Abolished the death penalty, banned conscription, protection of the Great barrier reef, land rights, education for all, universal health care. My brother went into a ballot for Vietnam conscription, I remember thinking that is wrong, fortunately his name wasn't drawn, it worried my parents though.