Hope - there is a way out

Peacefinder

Hi Everyone, :D

I read about all these social anxieties and I can relate big time. I know exactly the emotional pain that goes with it. Being so different and "wierd" that I couln't have a normal life. Blushing, sweating, fear that gripped me...the despair that I felt inside. The loneliness and thought that I was the only one with this problem on this earth. and the thought that pursuing medication would be my only avenue that would either fail or leave me with other undesired symptoms. It was a horrible existence, one that could not be explained to someone who did not suffer from it. Other people cannot understand the emotional anguish I suffered because of this "social handicap." This anxiety made me feel like I could never relax, when I was around people I would fear and when I was alone I would play back all the times that I looked like such a fool in front of others. Pain and suffering, such a burden that I carried for 10 years....

Then, one day I gave my life to Jesus Christ. He is known for changing people and their lives...so I gave Him a try. In prayer, one day in tears and despair over my situation I gave my life to Him. It's been 4 years since that day and He has filled me with such an internal Joy and He has conquered this problem for me. I still blush occasionally, but no where near as much as I did before. I can actually attend group meetings, speak to people 1 on 1, speak to a cashier at the store.....etc. Jesus has released me from that heavy burden I carried for so long. His love for me is so overwelming that I know I can put my faith and trust in Him and He has carried my burdens since that day.

Since then He has placed me in several center of attention moments and even leading Bible groups but He has NEVER left me or foresaken me to my fears of blushing and anxiety.

I share this with you because I know the pain and I would have given anything to hear of an escape route from the despair, emptyness and loneliness I had in my soul. If I can help anyone to find this same path to freedom then It's worth sharing this.

Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Just try Him.

[/i]

Peacefinder

Hope

ABC,

Regardless of what you may think of me and my salvation, Jesus does exist, He is real and He loves every person here, that includes you.....

Peacefinder

sweetsour_eisha

aww.. it really feels good to know one of us is getting better.. i do believe in God.. but in a different way.. i think the one that helps is actually our faith.. we have the sense of belonging when we have a certain faith.. we look forward to the faith that we have and there is where we find hope.. the thoughts that we r not alone and that god is somewhere watching us somehow lifted our spirit..
i wish u well and god bless u (whoever god is to each and everyone of us here :) )

Peacefinder

Hope

Hi,

Look I am trying to share something with you guys that is REAL. ABC I am not religious, there is something called a relationship with Jesus Christ that is different. It's a real communication. You say you can't feel it or see it or hear it...but I'm trying to tell you that YOU DO! It's more than just words, when you accept Jesus, He supernaturally starts to communicate with you. I'm not one who falls into any empty worship of something just because other people are doing it. I tested Him and I found out for myself that it's for real. That He is for real. God is not far away. He is right here with us in our midst, we just need to seek Him and you will definitely find Him.

God has not left us. He has sacrificed and bled and is still being persecuted for us. He wants our attention so bad, but see we have free will. We can choose to ignore Him or we can choose to seek Him. Beleive me when you seek Jesus you will certainly find Him.

The Bible is the word of God. If some of it is wrong its all wrong. But it's all true. When you start to read the gospels, you realize the truth and how lost we really are without Him.

I've gone through this site reading about people and it tears me apart how lost we are when we don't know Jesus and His love for us.

And it's so simple to know the truth. Pray, ask Him to reveal Himself to you, ask Him if He is for real or not. What does anyone have to lose by doing that.

Oddball

Meh...I've tried to beleive in Jesus, but no matter how hard I tried I still couldn't beleive in him, I read most of the bible and prayed at night for the longest time, in the end I realized the only reason I even tried is because I was afraid of going to hell, now I'm pretty much agnostic and If I go to hell for not beleiving in him than so be it.

I beleive you should have faith in yourself because you're the only one that can change yourself and not God, and you don't have to beleive in religion to be a good person! so many people don't realize this.

Sorry for the rant but thats how I feel.

Peacefinder

Hi Oddball,

Its okay to vent. I am sorry that you have not found Him. I don't know the reason although I think I can relate. When I was young I went to a Christian School and it was always in my face. The Bible, Jesus, Judgement....etc. So I became so scared that I would pray out of fear of going to Hell. I was a good person too. But over the years I kept praying and nothing. No effect. No Jesus, no nothin.

Well, I got to a point where I questioned God and I was talking to a friend and told her that I prayed but I had no love for God or any feeling for Him or from Him really. After that, God really started to speak to me in ways I couldn't ignore. I was so burdened with this social anxiety and other emotions of despair that I just gave up. I said okay, I don't know you Jesus, although I kinda do, but if your real speak to me. Tell me and show me. I am sorry for rebelling against you and I turn it all to you and put it in your hands....and that's when I began to see and to experience Him. Now 4 years later, I can't deny knowing Him if i tried, because He is so real.

I'm sorry oddball, I hope my experience helps you. Don't give up....keep searching. Matthew is a good place to start reading in the Bible.

Peacefinder

Hope

Hi Worrydoll,

Your welcome. As you can see, yes, defending God is tough business....I truly hope you resolve your relationship with Him. Thank you again.

ABC, the only way I can describe it is this way. If you didn't drive and you insisted on walking everywhere and I told you that driving is the greatest thing ever and how it makes your life easier and less stressful. That you don't have to walk everywhere and tire yourself and take weeks to get somewhere because you insist on walking. Then you are missing something that helps you and something that is fun to do and you won't know how it works or how great it is until you try it yourself. I could explain how to drive to you til I am blue in the face (or red..for me :wink: ...) but unless you take a risk and try it you won't know what I'm raving about.

Sorry if this is confusing but Its the best way I can describe something that is beyond our understanding and into words. Its a feeling of freedom and release from the chains that bound you.

Peacefinder

Hope

Okay, I found a link that will explain it better than I can explain it. If your interested look it up, if your not that's your choice, but please don't knock it because it could help someone who needs it, like I desperately did.

http://www.bennyhinn.org/salvation/salvation2.cfm

http://wayofthemaster.com/wotm_flash.html

Thanks. You are all real cool and nice people, It sucks that we have had to deal with this "whatever you call it". If anyone needs to talk, just write.

Take care everyone, Peacefinder :oops:

Danfalc

Banned
Glad your faith in god has pulled you through your illness.Your not the first person on this site to have gotten over or better from turning to god.Anyway i do hope you can maybe help some people by sharing your story.

I must admit i dont personaly believe in god or jesus, but its good to hear any sucsess story no matter what my opinions are, so congratulations :)

4myself

Hey peacefinder, it is great that you are standing up for what you believe in and doing it in a non confrontational way. I hope your faith brings you much happiness.

Septor

Well i'm glad when any one beats it even if I dont agree with every thing that is said. :D

Peacefinder

hope

Thank you Septor and 4myself. Again, I am just trying to share what works for me and I understand everyone has their own feelings about Jesus and faith in Him. I respect that, but I also urge people to look into what He has to offer us.

ABC, this is a great place to express your feelings. We with these anxieties are so bottled up that its great to speak out and say how you really feel.

God Bless you all.

Oddball

I apperciate you trying to help, I know you're only doing it for our sake because you feel it's right and I respect that.

After reading your comment just to let you know I thought about trying to read the Bible again, but I still don't want to pick it up and just read it, I dunno why...I'm pretty much confused about religion and I just don't know where to turn..maybe one day when I'm happy I'll find it easier to accept religion.

But one thing the Bible has thought me when I read it is that it's alot easier for a person to be evil/bad, it really is if you think about it, sacrificing things you like for another person is very hard to do, and just taking somthing out of greed is very easy, I mean just think about that for a minute, a good person is alot stronger than any bad person because he sacrifices his own things for another person and that's is a really hard thing to do somtimes, and it takes alot of will, it's somthing a bad person would never do, because they take the easy way out for everything...anyway just felt like sharing that.

And sorry if anyone had trouble understanding that..I'm not the best when it comes to writing.