home-made inotophoresis amp ?

mac7

hi
i used a home made iontophoresis 4 times at 12 v (looks like it doesnt work or might take long time) :kickingmyself:

so
got an adaptor (24v 3 A ) as i read that 24v worked with all :thumbup:
but
most people use 1.5-2 amp (sometimes less)
is 3 A safe :question:(am using stailessteal) ?

Last edited:

Sprawling

Anyway to elaborate for us non-techies on what you are doing? I've been using ionto for years now. Are you using some sort of universal adjustable computer power supply like I posted in the past?

Do you have a link to what ever it is that you are using? What's a stailessteal?

mac7

1- i wanted to say that i use stainless steal pans
2- i used transformer 220v to 24v and 3 amp , added some electrical stuff to get a DC current
asked a friend today and he said that amp doesnt matter as the resistance will take the required current what ever the current coming out of the trans is (must be more or equal to what i need )
so
only volt is important

Last edited:

CharlesN

I've been using 4 lantern batteries that supply about 8 Amp according to my multimeter... Of course I could be doing it wrong as I'm no techie. I've been doing it for 4 months now and it is super effective. I have had dry hands since day 12 or so. I use aluminum pans instead of SS becuz of some reading I did which suggested Aluminum was safer... Hopefully it works for u as well as it has for me. I'm planning on making a travel pack too with a universal power supply. I don't know anything scientific, so please don't take my word for it - but so far so good for me... If u search down u can find pictures of my set up. Good luck mac!

mac7

ok
thanks alot
but
can u tell me your schedule and Maintenance
mean now i got dc current 24 v 3 amp
stainless steal pans
water (also add salt )
and did u do it (10m and 10 m ) ?

Last edited:

CharlesN

Mac,

When I first started I did 15 minutes per polarity because the video recommended that and I guess I was worried it would hurt and I actually started with just 18 V (3 batteries). But as I realized there was little to no discomfort (for me) I upped it to a 4th battery and did 30 minutes per polarity. I did it 7 days in a row before adding glycopyrrolate to the water. By the 4th or 5th day I was sure it wasn't going to work for me as I had noticed no results even though I was upping the time per session each day. Then on the 7th day I added the glyco and I had already noticed a small cessation of the sweating. Marginal - but enough that I didn't think I was imagining it. After adding glyco (I put 3 capsules - 2 mg each in to each tray which holds about 1.1 litres of water - so approximately 0.05% as I read about in the study). After adding glyco I noticed some real undeniable improvements. It could just be coincidence and maybe the glyco doesn't help. As now I've heard many have similar "break-in" period for their ionto to be successful. Nonetheless I keep adding the glyco because if it ain't broke don't fix it. I did it for 11 days in a row total and felt pretty much dry at that point but didn't stop daily treatments until about 14 days. Then I decided to try skipping 1 day. Then after a couple on-off cycles, I decided to skip 2 days. Eventually after a month I was sorta forced to try to last 8+ days as I was on a trip. I did a 45 minute session per polarity just before I left. I went to Florida for 8 days and when I got back, I still hadn't had a single moment of even mild clamminess. Just completely dry. So now I do it once a week 40 minutes per polarity. I'm still on my original lantern batteries from mid december. I have 4 new spares sitting there waiting for when they do eventually expire. The added benefit as well has been about a 90% reduction in foot sweating. I've never done any ionto for my feet. Also the few times I have done it with a cut on my hand it did sting a little so when I say no discomfort, I just mean it's tolerable. I watch a movie while I do my session each week. This week I watched Expendables 2. Every action hero I grew up with was in it (except Steven Seagal - everyone hates him - lol). Pretty entertaining.

So anyways I hope this helps and if you have any questions - let me know.

I'm no expert remember. A lot of the people here like Sprawling, Amherst and 0707129r and many others are much much much more knowledgeable than I about all aspects of HH or Ionto. I had never even heard of it before December. Just one of the fortunate ones that it works really well for and because I know what it's like to live with it I stuck around on these forums hoping to maybe lend a hand.

Good luck,
Charles

mac7

means i can increase the time

thanks alot
u r my hero now :p

if it work , my life will completely change