Hoarding vs Clutter Phobia

MaxineRyder

I throw out everything. And I have an obsession with storage. I could spend days in Howards world of storage. I even have boxes that store boxes. My system is unforgivingly complex so it just gets cluttered and then I throw stuff out so theres no stuff to store and it goes on like this in a perpetual cycle of storage. Right now whats cluttering my computer table ( not my bedroom in my dining room which I use as my computer room hahaha good use of a mahogany dining table, storing a computer a printer )is as follows : a small box for keepsakes ...that I've thrown out, a slightly bigger box for nail varnishes, a medium box for nothing, a jar thats empty but I like it , 2 large boxes for writing which I do use, a jewellery box, an atique bottle for a vase but I don't have flowers in........and many many more storage options around the room. You could say that I hoard storage....but I throw out the stuff that's meant to go in them.......yea I make sense

This is absolutely and brilliantly funny. And I can totally relate. what is interesting, reading all these posts, actually, is how many clutter phobes exist. And I'll be that our constant editing of our stuff, taken to the extreme, could get quite distressing and debilitating. I wrote a longer piece on the subject here is anyone is interested: Crazy in a Crazy World - A Life Lived Ridiculously
Maxine xxxx