hi

baffled

hi.
just joined, thought i'd introduce myself.
i've had SA for ages, since early adulthood and have been self medicating
with booze and other drugs for most of it. became a real problem for me though and i've given it all up (minus a few relapses) following a very unpleasant burn out. noticed a few posts on here talking about alcohol making you normal, thats how i felt but it increasingly ended up going further and causing more problems socially than SA would have done. So I'm facing the fear sober, or trying. I've self-diagnosed myself with SA and Avoidant disorder, just last weekend, as I fit all the symptoms and thought patterns, and NHS mental health services are useless-I saw a CPN for a while who was nice and did help in a general way, but that finished and I was feeling a lot better so we left it at that. But the same problems resurfaced going back out in the world and have led to drink and drugs, so i've researched myself and here i am!
hope you're having a good day :)

YankeeBob

Welcome to this site

Hope you make some friends here and learn something useful that you can use in the real world.

I have been going to a 12 Step Program for over 4 years now, and the amazing thing is that no one in these groups talks about shyness/loneliness.

yet we all seem to use these drugs to let us cope with life. but the loneliness and sense of not having healthy connections keep coming back.

so the challenge for us is to find what tools others have used that seem to work, and then see if they can help me. if they do just put them into your tool belt.

be well.