Hi

Edon1987

hello. A few months back i suffered a rather extreme panic attack. since that day ive had a few minor attacks but ive been able to stop them in the first few stages by focusing my thoughts and controling my breathing. this all happened before i found any help online.

there is a new problem tho, one i cant seem to shake. for the last few weeks every day one thing or another will enduce a huge surge of anxiety. it will be the way people are sitting, or the way an item is placed, whatever it is ill see it and it will remind me of what i saw when i had my first and worst panic attack

for some reason my first panic attack seemed so much like a chronic nightmare i had as a child.

now every time i see something that seems like it might be from that nightmare i get anxious and feel as if i might be falling right back into that nightmare again.

i was wondering if anyone has this same problem and if there are any methods besides my steady breathing and focusing techniques i could use.

ive even thought that there may be a vitamin defeciency or something that i may have. anyway any feedback would be great.

Edon1987

also, ive noticed the anxiety only realy hits me at night. during most of the day im fine, and if ive knocked back a few beers with my friends im fine. smoking hookah (or however you spell it) also calms my nerves a great deal. one thing i found out is that marijuana should be avoided by the most part for people who have frequent anxiety attacks, i did not know it accelerated your heart rate and the first / last time i tried marijuana i caught myself going deep into a panic attack and had to leave my friends to sit in my room and control my breathing and what not.