Hi

anxiousguy83

Hi, I've been reading here once in while for some time now, I'm kinda glad I'm not alone in this...but also terrified that so many suffer from this.
I've had social anxiety my whole life, I'm turning 25 soon, uneducated and no real job, still living at home, no friends... all because of social phobia... it's ruining everything! :x

shield

Well I approximate from my learning curve that it will take most people around two years to get over social phobia if they apply themselves consistently. So you could just sacrifice two years of your life so that when you are 27 you will be free and a beautiful world will await you with brand new opportunities for relationships and enjoyment. It's worth it you should go for it while you still have time.

anxiousguy83

Yeah, actually I'm happy to say though I have since last year I've experienced a very good progress. What sparked it is that I found God which led me in to a positive mindset... I still have to cope with the anxiety on a daily basis though, but through prayer it literally goes away completely...for a while...until I for instance meet people unknown to me...then the anxiety suddenly can come over me big time.
So my life is quite up and down at the moment, but I think I'm getting there too :wink: However I feel it's not easy to "start from scratch" at this age...