Hi just saying hello

fiona

Looks like a good board :D

I'm just reading through, I'm waiting to go to the doctors this morning about how I feel. My stomachs churning away as per usual. I definately have social phobia which is holding me back in life :(

Hope to be back later when I get 5 mins

fiona

Remus said:
welcome fiona :)

hope you find some answers here

Hi thanks so do I! Lol or support from like minded peeps. Doc has put me on Prozac......Yippeeeeeeee! And to go for counselling, hopefully will be feeling better soon :D

dolphin__o

Hi Fiona

I am a newbie too here, found the website last night when I was feeling low, I feel positive now that there are other people out there I can speak to who understand how I feel.

How do you feel after going to the doctors?

Keep smiling !!

8*)

fiona

Hi dolphin

I'm glad I made the effort to go to the doctors. I feel a bit better already, the Prozac seems to be kicking in already! That's quick. And after finding this place I can't believe how many people feel the same as me. I don't feel so different anymore :)

Scottish_Player

Hi fiona can i ask you about your visit to the doctors,i have one on monday and iam in 2 mind wether i can go or not iam just to to sure how to approach the subject? is this the first time you have been for SA,how did you start off the whole subject thing and how did your doctor react?

Sorry for all the questions its just something that is realy worring me :roll:

Greenade

Hi

When i first went to the docs i wrote everything in a letter, she read it and immediately knew what i was going through.....

If the doctor has time and is a caring one, then they will read it, just make sure you write down your REAL feelings, don't skirt around the edges, tell them exactly as you feel them......and say what things it prevents you from doing too....do NOT hold back....

I know its hard to bear your soul to a stranger, but if they don't know exactly how you feel, they will just assume stuff...and come to their own conclusions which you could end up agreeing with just to get out of the room... :?

Adrian

spirit

HI everybody

hello people. this is a great forum. i have always struggled alone. this place is a great comfort

fiona

Hi Mark sorry I did not see your reply and I know you went to the doctors......well done! It is never easy to start saying what's wrong but we did it!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Hi Adrian my mum writes everything down too or she will forget what she has gone for lol so it is a good idea to do that

Hi spirit it's nice to know one is not alone with this problem, I don't know anyone in real life with it. Saying that my bro is a loner and quiet and likes to go to his room to escape from people, hmmm does it run in families?

Hi Fiona I'm a newbie as well :D I'm glad your trip to the doctors was a success, I've tried prozac as well and have found it very helpful in elevating my mood. I hope your trip to the docs went well for you too scottish_player :D it's something that I hope to do in the near future when I've plucked up enough courage! (or just had a lot to drink!! :p )

And this site is great! good to know I'm not alone!