Hi I'm New To The Forum

Ralphy

Just got back from dentist and thank god I didn't sweat or get the all too familiar warm feeling building up inside me.

I'm going to the doctors again tomorrow to talk about things. This can't go on. I feel so lonely and depressed.

It sucks being me :(

girlmom3

Hang in there Ralphy. I am new here too, looking for others who can lend a sympathetic ear to our suffering. I suffered from HH until last year when I regretfully had the ETS. I now sweat severely from the chest down in any temp. above 60*F. It truly is a one -day -at- a -time lifestlyle for us, but you are not alone. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist beacuse whether you sweat profusely or not, true confidence comes from within. We have to learn to be confident in our sweating so that others will understand that we are just like them with an incurable problem not caused by anything we have done to oursleves. the world needs to be aware of HH so they can be more understanding. I wish you all the best and hope you find the support you need here.

God bless,
gilrmom3

Hyper-Hydro

Pinker said:
If the sweating is mainly on the face (is it anywhere else?) then the sweat-stop products might be worth a look. They do a lotion for 'forehead & head and sensitive skin'. Just scroll down the list:

http://www.sweat-stop.com/admin/order-now-shop/?lang=1

If your GP gives you a tablet it will probably be probanthine or oxybutynin (also known as ditropan). Glycopyrrolate (robinul/avert) isn't available in tablet form in the UK to my knowledge so thats why people order it from the canadian pharmacy. I asked a dermatologist and he was clueless.

Can I ask you why you choose to recommend this particular company?

Glycopyrrolate (robinul/avert) isn't available in tablet form in the EU, because there are serious side effect issues. If you have other information about that please make it available.

Hyper-Hydro

Pinker said:
So you think I work for the canadian pharmacies?! Considering i'm 19 years old I don't see how that's possible.

Can I see your drivers license :D ?

Oddly you also seemed to be 19 years old three years ago LMAO

back

Ralphy sorry to hear of your condition but i myself suffer from facial sweat- mainly now in social situations or a work meeting etc. The anxiety i feel brings it on & someitmes it's uncontrollable

This must be part & parcel for you. Believe me its starting to effect my life also as Iam now avoiding certain social situations b/c of the fear of "an attack" as I like to call it. The sweating may subside after the intitial onslaught but it can still re appear 20 mins later.

I used to be life of the party but now im fearful all the time in social situations

Ive tried beta blockers but no other medication (orally) or cream etc. Beta blockers don't do jack. Have thought about ETS but heard it does not ALWAYS work with facial sweat

back

Ralphy sorry to hear of your condition but i myself suffer from facial sweat- mainly now in social situations or a work meeting etc. The anxiety i feel brings it on & someitmes it's uncontrollable

This must be part & parcel for you. Believe me its starting to effect my life also as Iam now avoiding certain social situations b/c of the fear of "an attack" as I like to call it. The sweating may subside after the intitial onslaught but it can still re appear 20 mins later.

I used to be life of the party but now im fearful all the time in social situations

Ive tried beta blockers but no other medication (orally) or cream etc. Beta blockers don't do jack. Have thought about ETS but heard it does not ALWAYS work with facial sweat

back

Alvinsduckie

Pinker...

you are a true asset to many forums. you've always been helpful and caring,patient and resourceful.

many people like and respect you...pay no mind to others who try to bring you down. 8)

perhaps we should just ignore Hyper hydro, people like him are unable to think the same way the rest of us do...and the last thing we need here is another ESFB fiasco. he's going to continue to harass and insult people, nothing we can do will change that

:wink:

Hyper-Hydro

Re: .

Alvinsduckie said:
people like him

Ignore what you like. Maybe I´m not capable of cuddly-warm cosy small-talk, but I´m looking for facts and real results. I´m angry with dermatologists, neurologists and pharmacists, thriving on selling you overpriced symptom treatments. They want your problem to stay. Botox therapists and "homoeopaths" are lice, but it´s your money. Obese excessive sweaters need to look at their life style, and make radical changes in their diet and exercise habits. Maybe many other excessive sweaters need to do the same, rather than wasting time and money on your canadian pharmacist, surgeon or botox therapists, laughing their way to the bank, more fool you. If you read some of my earlier posts, you would know that Pinker is high in my regards, or has been untill recently anyway. It takes more than a few stupid remarks to change that profoundly for me, but we´ll see how he acts, perhaps his head grew too big. I have a right to ask critical questions about drugs he promotes here. Not answering my questions, or trying to discredit me, says more about him. If you feel that critical questions and statements that differ from your general point of view are insults and harrassment, you confirm my impression of being a person, who doesn´t want to change anything.

back

Ralphy,

have u tried any of the medications suggested?? ie Avert, Secure Wipes or hydrosal Gel??

Im a sufferer of facial sweat when stressed an now social situations. I have just ordered avert & secure wipes so will let u know how they go

Regards