hi im a newbie so thought id introduce myself

kt2222

:D Hi everyone im K 23 from the uk.

I ve been suffering now for a about 3 and a half years last year i had a great 6 months or so where i would almost say i was cured! lol

i have been dealing with panic disorder social phobia's generealized anxeity.

a bit of background really had a happy happy child hood was a champion gymnast had a absolute wicked time at school.. had a huge group of close knit friends that i have taken on to adult life most of these people u have knwn since 3 years old. i was overly confident high independant traveling on my own from the age of 17. i was a university student and worked for a highly respected company.

However since my sport days i had always been told that i had a un usually fast heart rate at rest easily 100-110 it had never been a problem.. un til someone said to me one day that i need to have it looked in to .. so i took myself off to the doctors for a check up. the doctor told me that there was nothing wrong but if i want to have a scan then he would happily refer me.. so i thought HEY ill have a scan i thought nothing is wrong but it wont do me any harm.. un til the results came through saying that a part of my heart was enlarged having a specalist that basically was crap .. didnt tell me exactly what this meant gave me beta blockers and told me to go away and come back in a year..... so the slippery slope starts here... i came home and took the tab which technically should have been given to a patient with high blood pressure so i faint after 3 hours of taking one.. and my heart rate dropped to sixty obviously i panicked!! the then the wonderful world of the internet i type in enlarged heart and found so much on a condition that is fatal! well there you go i started getting panick attacks which i mistook for my heart packing in on me and so on ... after a year i went back to the hospital and had a wonderful specalist who actually told me my heart was perfect.. and just like anything comes in all shapes and sizes my heart is not technically a textbook diagram but i have more chance of being hit by a bus than having a heart attack! but the damage was already done!

nearly four years later im still battling with it i lot my job my social life has been hugely effected. house bound etc.

i ve come here to maybe here some inspirational stories talk about beating this damn condition that at the moment is wreaking my life.

so for the ramble on lol!!!

Helyna

That sounds awful. You actually have a heart problem, and you really get to remember what it was like to be anxiety-free, which would be torture for me. But maybe that will help. You know you were once confident and probably can be again. I hope we help you!

kt2222

yeh that is toture lol :lol: but i think it is like anything if you dont notice the signs neglect yourself slightly... then you fall back in to hole.. only the same really as a addict not noticing the triggers etc....

but im hope that there is hope for me as i have periods of relative normality it's just finding the trick to stay in recovery ! :D