Hi Everybody

virgo

Well i'm new---my name is coco and i'm here to make new friends. I've had 5 panic attacks and i'm scared. I keep telling my self i'm going to fight this problem but reality is that i cannot do it by myself. My family & friends tell me not worry and keep telling me ITS ALL IN MY HEAD. Its true its all in my head but i dont know how to control it and they dont realize its not so easy to control.

I have not gone to a Doctor. Only with my Good friend who just got a masters in psychology. She tries to help me but she has a busy life. So far she said to WRITE in a journal, Hear Music, Talk to others + group Forums, Dance.

When i get a panic attack i feel a heart attack, Shaking, and i need to be huged & hold like a baby by somebody. Its embarrassing and i'm ashame.

I'm looking forward to share my thoughts & feeling about panic attacks. Hopefully we can all benefit from being friends.

Barnum

Hello and welcome, Coco. Hope you'll learn as much from us as we will learn from you.

johnyboy

virgo

we have lots in common i feel the same way.my wife check me at a hospital when i get panic attack i thought i have a heart attack,i get all the test and thank god all the test was negative im 100%healthy.your family is right my family tells me too "its all in my head" but its hard to fight alone.i think we need more prayers.but for me i need a prayer and something to do better with my life (a job) i guess.i met and saw people with cancer and they are not depress so i keep thingking why should i be depress while cancer patients are not and i saw them fighting for their lives,but for me im healthy and doin nothing with my life.they make me strong and think positive.our problem is ourselves i think.we should be positive thinker and do something better in our lives.

TheDavePhan

Hey CoCo, I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel alone when I'm having a panic attack. No one ever understands how scary it is, they just tell me to just put one foot in front of the other and to get over it. My panic attacks are the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Sometimes I get them for no reason, other times I have a trigger. Here lately i've gone into agoraphobia. I'm afraid to do anything that will be a trigger because I fear another panic attack so much! I had my worst panic attack nearly 4 nights ago now and it scares me that it could get worse. I don't know if I could take another panic attack that severe, much less one that is worse!

johnyboy

TheDavePhan said:
Hey CoCo, I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel alone when I'm having a panic attack. No one ever understands how scary it is, they just tell me to just put one foot in front of the other and to get over it. My panic attacks are the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Sometimes I get them for no reason, other times I have a trigger. Here lately i've gone into agoraphobia. I'm afraid to do anything that will be a trigger because I fear another panic attack so much! I had my worst panic attack nearly 4 nights ago now and it scares me that it could get worse. I don't know if I could take another panic attack that severe, much less one that is worse!

thedavephan hello put in my mind even the worst panic attack wont kill you.so if you manage it or it stick to your mind you wont fear it no more.we fear coz we think its fear but if we put in our minds that "lemme have an attack give me your best attack" i promise you,you will not fear it anymore (i hope you get my point).i will pray for you.just fear god not panic attacks. :D i can cope it now i know you can too!