Hi all

ullala

Hi everybody,

I wasn't sure where to start since I fit in more than one of the categories on this forum (depression, anxiety, shyness) but I guess I'm writing my first post here on the facial blushing forum since the blushing is probably the one problem from which the others flow.

I have to say I was amazed to stumble across all these posts of people that seem to go through the same thing as me..

I've always been a 'shy' girl in typical situations (speaking in front of a group, meeting new people) but in the last few years (I'm 25 now) it seems to have become something major that has taken over my life. I never stop thinking about it and it's getting progressively worse.

I now have gotten to the point where I start blushing even in normal situations, like at work when people ask me innocent questions, mostly personal. An example could be that time when I was talking to my boss about work, and suddenly she looks at me and says 'you have great earrings, where did you buy them?' and I went bright red. :oops:

Another issue is public transport. I recently started university again, and I have to take the train everyday. Usually I'll go sit somewhere and try to hide, but that's impossible in rush hour. Sometimes when I sit across people and they do so much as glance at me I'll get uncomfortable and turn into a tomato. The worst thing about it is that you can't hide and you're forced to wait until it goes away. I don't have this problem when I'm travelling with people I know, so I have someone to talk to and take my attention away from it. For the other times I make sure I have a book or a newspaper to hide behind.

I'd also like to say something about medication, because I saw some posters recommending it. I've been on antidepressants and Risperdal (which is an anti-anxiety drug) for the last two years. It hasn't done that much for me. I guess the main problem is in my head, and unless they invent a drug that makes the 'trigger' thoughts go away, it won't stop.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and sorry about the long rant, but I had to get it out of my system, lol :lol:

*shy girl from belgium*xxx

lizzz

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I suffer badly from blushing too. I'm currently looking into botox for blushing. THe botox is injected intradermally and stops the spread of redness.

I'm hesistant in recommending it because it's a farily new thing, and the technique hasn't been perfected. In some cases, the botox diffuses into facial muscles, which may give you asymetrical muscle paralysis (depending how much leaks into muscles). I haven't had it yet, but will post on here when I do.

This may solve a big part of the social phobia for me if it works - although I wish there was a way I could stop blushing from the inside - like you say, a drug to switch off negative thoughts!

ullala

How exactly does it work for facial blushing? I don't know about you, but when I go red, it's my entire face (forehead, cheeks, chin, etc) and if it's really bad my neck and cleavage discolour too.. They'd have to inject me everywhere LOL