HH has made me Spiritual

oolceeoo

So I'm 26, I have severe hand and foot HH, hands being the worst. I've gone through everything, drugs, iontophoresis, botox, topical treatments, nothing works. I've had this crap since I was at least 8.

I've noticed that I've changed over time. I know we all wish we could live like others and feel 'normal', but I've come to accept that we are NOT normal. Look around the room you are in, with people. Look at their hands, their faces, they aren't sweating. They are dry.

You ask yourself "What makes me different from them? Why do I sweat and they don't?"

I am a male, and I am not nervous. I haven't had a date in 4 years because of it. It has nothing to do with my looks or anything else, but the simple fact that HH is a barrier to the opposite sex. I got involved with heavy drug use because I was trying to run away from this nightmare. I had to be high on something 24/7 for years.

I cannot get close to people, I avoid social situations, and I generally feel invisible. Women to me are works of art; I can look but I can't touch.

However, during these years I've studied and meditated about life and many deep things, and I've changed on the inside. I feel much more spiritual now, and I find that this Earth isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. Everything that we see fades over time. The physical pleasures, the happy moments, the sad moments, just pass through time. Even if we didn't have HH, the Earth is still a place of constant war, conflict, pain, suffering, and servitude.

Having recognized the fallacy of physical existance, I believe I have transcended somewhat into a different spiritual realm. When I go for a walk and see couples together I no longer feel jealous, I feel sorry for them. Because I know physical love and our time here on Earth does not last. These bodies which the spirit inhabits are like a temporary outfit. Thus I've seen from a different perspective the follies of mankind, their grasping towards a world which is illusion and superficial.

Have any of you read about Star People? They say that they often feel this Body of Heat or Light, and many times it causes sensitivity to moisture aka sweat. Maybe we're not really human. Maybe HH is a lesson to teach us that this Earth is not where we belong. Maybe we are advanced beings that are here to teach mankind enlightenment. I'd like to believe that there is a specific reason for our condition and not just to cause us suffering.

What do you think?

Well I have given religion a thought but this could mostly be because I was raised
in a somewhat religious household.

Were you also oolceeoo, raised in a religious household?

I have a milder form of HH so I know the burden.
I would like to hear about your insight about how you feel you have been
changed.

What I am interested in is the psychology. I mean we are all different.
I am sure there are many people here which have given religion a chance because
of SA/HH and whatever else and then their are people which have not.

Why?

oolceeoo

Well I was raised Catholic and went to church every Sunday when I was younger but my parent's weren't very religious.

I just find with HH because you can't really feel physical things as much it opens up other channels to feel more spiritual things. I'm not suicidal in any way but I just feel this 'thing' in me that seems to be developing more and more each day. Like I almost feel more "windy", like walking on a windy day it almost feels like a spirit is "touching" me.

I would like to discuss the topic more but I would need to know a little
more about you (the things you would mind sharing in public) so that I
can get a somewhat of a general idea of you as a preson
(with the limitations of the on-line world) before I make
any rash assumptions.

Physical as in another person?

I just find with HH because you can't really feel physical things as much it opens up other channels to feel more spiritual things...
I was wondering what you meant by this. Did you mean that you cannot
feel the touch or being touched by another person?

oolceeoo

I find that the feeling of being physically touched to lessen and lessen. I feel more touched by the wind or by music, things I can hear.

I find that the feeling of being physically touched to lessen and lessen. I feel more touched by the wind or by music, things I can hear.
O.k. Got you. Well I am over my head here as I tend to use deductive logic and
mostly (with all due respect to all) when people turn to God or religion I have
always thought that there is an underlying "something" else.
A void that needs to be filled.

Maybe some other poster can be more helpful here?

oolceeoo

what I'm trying to say is I feel like *I* am not this body. It is hard to describe. I am starting to believe that HH is a lesson teacher. Like something telling me I should just let go of physical things because they don't really matter. Everything people strive for in life, marriage, the house, the kids, all that, doesn't seem to be that important to me anymore, like none of it matters. It's almost like coming close to inner peace.

megg85

I agree with some of your points oolceeoo, for me HH has taught me a great deal and has made me more spiritual ( i really like reading about Buddhist philosophies) in the sense that we cant take anything for granted in this life, and at the end of the day, nothing really does matter. But I think there is a difference between the physical parts of life and the material parts of life. The material beng the house, money, career, consumerism etc..in the end, these things dont really matter. But the physical or human parts of life, our innate ability to feel love for others and have relationships and friendships is something that should be embraced. Trust me I struggle with this everyday! I feel like I cant get close to people too, and Im 24 and have never had a boyfriend. But the only thing that is stopping me, is me. not my HH - it will only control your life if you let it.

Last edited:
H

hhfighter

For some odd reason, I feel that I am touched by the wind and music more than physically. Don't worry bro...you're not alone. United we stand!