Hey! im having trouble.. anyone got sum advice?

nicky_xo

Hey guys, im new to this so hey! :D
first id like to introduce myself, im nicole (or nicky), im 17 and from australia... so nice to meet u!
i was hoping someone out there mite listen to my story and could possibli help me... im realli worried.
ok.. eversince i was little ive acted and its been my dream to b on stage without question.
however last yr i had a terrible stage experience in which i suffered from my first panic attak in the middle of a play and nearlli fainted.
ever since that moment ive had so much trouble with so many things, i constantli feel on edge and am so scared to go on stage!
i guess whats fuelling these attacks is my fear that i wont b able to act again and that realli worries me.
im wondering if anyone out there could give me any advice on this, and can i say im so glad i found this forum, i felt so alone on this issue but wen i saw u guys all sticking together and helping each other through, i felt a glimmer of hope! thanks for ur time if u read this, im looking forward to getting to know u all lol. :roll:[/b]

Thelema

Hey Nicky welcome to the forums.

Its really great that you've found your calling.

Are you only scared to go on stage or do you have more general anxiety?

nicky_xo

hey thanks for replying, well at first it was onli on stage but sumhow i started to freak out more and more and now certain ppl giv me panic attacks which is realli frustrating!

Thelema

nicky_xo said:
hey thanks for replying, well at first it was onli on stage but sumhow i started to freak out more and more and now certain ppl giv me panic attacks which is realli frustrating!

A professional could always help you more than we could and the best advice would be to seek professional help if its come to the point where it is effecting your whole life.

random

Nicky,
Hang in there! You can get past this. WHen I was having panic attacks the fear of having another panic attack scared me even more. I was on medication for awhile and I saw a counselor and I stopped having panic attacks. Meds can help you get past the fear of fear.

nicky_xo

hey thanks. yeh im going to councellors but i havent went on any certain medication yet. thanks for ur faith :D lol im glad yous hav gotten over these attacks, it shows it can b done and gives me the willpower! :p