Hey everyone

Roxy90

Hi everyone i am a girl who is 17 and currently living with mild social phobia. I started to see symptoms of this disorder about 2 and a half years ago and decided to go to a therapist and was diagnosed with this disorder. I just want to know if anyone here is exactly like me. I have a good amt of frenz who r for the most part outgoing and fun ppl and none of them know that i have this disorder because i try my best to hide it from them. My family are the only ppl that know but they really don't seem to understand me and say comments like its all up to u to change ureself and sometimes i just have to wonder if they don't realise that if it was up to me i would be free from the chains of fear that is holding me back rite now. Anyways because i have a mild form of the disorder i am really trying to overcome it altogether. I still go to parties with my frenz,still go out to movies occasionally and go to the mall sometimes and just hang out but i have never had a real relationship b4 tho. Nowadays however i am realising that i am getting worse, i just can't seem to do little things that were once easy for me to do for example i don't want to go to church and i don't want to interact with guys anymore and i just don't want to do the social things that a lot of my friends are doing now. I feel so depressed that i evn started to cut myself and i just feel all alone and confused with what exactly is going on with me :( Is there anyone out there that feels this way too? and does anyone know where i can get free tapes to help overcome this phobia b4 it gets out of control? I just really want to have control over my life instead of having fear control me. sorry for the long post

Roxy

TAMPA-BAY

First we all want to welcome you to our little world. You are so lucky to of figure out what you have at your age.