Here to listen.....

Prestonator

Hey Guys! :)

Well I thought I would just say that I am here to listen with an open ear if anyone would like to talk.

I joined this site a little more than 6 months ago, and have made a huge amount of progress from what I was like back then. I joined it because I was feeling so low and so anxious that it was majorly affecting me and my life. SA caused me to suffer from an eating disorder for several years which put me in a dangerous position of being nearly hospitalised.....not good. So about 4 years ago I was referred to see a dietician by my GP which a saw for the best part of a year as well as seeing a counsellor along the side. This didnt really help though as I had not accepted that I had a problem with anxiety and that it was causing me to have a very poor relationship with food. Plus my dietician thought that I was anorexic, but what she never realised was that she was only looking at it from a scientific point of view rather than considering that there may have been something else that caused be to have problems with food.

So about six months ago when I was going through a very bad spell I decided that enough was enough and it was time to change. I saw a counsellor at my uni every week and started to slowly deal with my anxiety. At the time I found it very hard to realise that it is possible to reduce SA and to have a good relationship with food.

Now looking back I am so glad I got off my arse and did something about it. I feel so different now, so much more carefree, so much more alive, and more importantly so much more able to face tough situations. Now i'm not saying that I am 100% better because I would be lying if I said that. Things do still fase me, but you know what, I feel so much more strong to be able to try to face them. Now i will try rather than backing off at the slight mention of doing something that may trigger off my anxiety.

But yeah before I write too much I just want to finish by saying that negativity will get you absolutely nowhere when trying to deal with anxiety and an eating disorder - positivity and self belief is the absolute key. It might take a while but you will get there in the end. :)

JJB

Congrats, that's awesome. It's great when you feel good about yourself :D

You give me and I'm sure others hope on here.

Prestonator

Thats the idea JJB. At first I thought there was no way out, but with a little confidence in myself and support from other I'm finding my way out. I hope you will too