Here to help everyone

YoungSpartan

Hi everyone,

My name is Leo and I run a motivational blog for young men. My aim is to help people like you overcome any struggles you are having and to help young people out there start living like men and taking control of their lives.

My blog is very straightforward and my posts are not always politically correct, so beware if you're easily offended.

I'm not going to advertise my blog here, but it will be in my profile and I'll be posting here regularly to help out as much as I can. I have a lot of experience with overcoming depression and becoming a person of choice and discipline.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks,

Leo

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hi Leo.
Would you say there was a 'one size fits all' approach to fighting depression and SA?
Or would you say treatment is based on the individuals/sufferers experience/s and severity, therefore leading to a individually tailored treatment plan?

IntheLabyrinth

Hi Leo.
Would you say there was a 'one size fits all' approach to fighting depression and SA?
Or would you say treatment is based on the individuals/sufferers experience/s and severity, therefore leading to a individually tailored treatment plan?

Although you were asking Leo this question, I thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. I'd say there is def not a one size fits all approach. Since mental illnesses are based on a continuum, some people are going to be have a much less/more severe case of SA than others. I think that the starting point for behavioral therapy should be determined by how severe your phobia is. If it's really severe, then something small like just saying hi to a stranger would be okay, where as a mild case may be able to go straight to speed dating. In addition to severity, there are numerous factors that also come into play. Some people have issues with their looks, their intelligence, their conversation skills, etc, but not everyone has all the same insecurities, so each one of these issues also needs to be addressed in treatment. And then you also have the social support/spiritual differences that will factor into your recovery.