Here is a situation...

Atlantis

There was a girl I was trying to talk to. She works on a self-service type restaurant I usually go with my family sometimes.

In the beginning, I wasn't lets say... extremely anxious. I was still a bit but I think it was okay. Actually, I did not plan anything. I was not thinking about talking to her or doing anything. I just considered the possibility. I think thats why I wasn't so anxious.

I exchanged some looks with her, and she noticed that I was interested. I was not so anxious, so I decided to try going talk with her about anything. I didn't even planned to talk much, but when I came to her... nothing came off. I didn't think it was awkward, but I saw she was expecting that I would start a conversation. Maybe it was good in someway since normally I wouldn't even try.

When I returned there I wasn't planning to do anything, so I will let that time pass. I was planning to try again in the second time I returned, but I didn't force myself to do it. I expected that probably I wouldn't do anything. Next time I returned I was a lot more anxious than the first time, perhaps because I didn't said anything in the first time I tried to talk to her. So maybe she was already wondering why I didn't talk to her at that time. So I didn't have the courage, again. I just greeted her, with a bit of force since I was very anxious, and thats all. I saw she talking with one of the waiters, and he said something like "He is just nervous".

I didn't get angry or more anxious because of that, actually I started to find my situation a little funny. But that also didn't make me relax. Well, I do not think anything weird happened. Thats not something that happen only to people who has SA, I think. Anyway, when she firstly noticed I was interested in her, she was more receptive... like more sympathetic you could see that by her expression. The last time she wasn't like that, but I think it was because I was too anxious. You know... sometimes we get anxious when other people are anxious.

I would like any commentaries, advices, anything. What should I do ? Why do you think she wasn't so receptive in the second time ? Was I weird ? Should I forget this ?

Next time, I was thinking in not expect anything like if I just wanted to talk and even if I talk it could be so short as it needs to be, and if nothing happens... its okay too. What you think ?

The text is kinda large... I hope someone reads it. :)

Lewis

firstly, good on you for having the balls to even attempt to talk to her!!! thats impressive!

But secondly she might be just as anxious as you? I'd definitely give it another shot if you can.....maybe plan some things to say before hand? it's a restaurant right?...maybe ask her if she reccommends any dishes? or how long she's been working there?...maybe pretend you might get a job there?.,..maybe you could ACTUALLY get a job there?!

don't worry if your question comes out wrong either....cause she'll probably be able to tell you're interested in her, regardless of the question, and that will be enough to make her day probably!

but whatever you do, it's always better to step out on a limb...cause that's where all the fruit is!!!!

"the human spirit thrives on risk"...i heard that somewhere! I like that!