helpful book for S.A. sufferers

kevd

I just wanted to mention what i think is an excellent book for help with Social Phobia.
It is called OVERCOMING SOCIAL ANXIETY/SHYNESS by Gillian Butler.
It tells you exactly where the root problems are and ways to overcome the viscious cycle of events that keep us trapped in constant fear and isolation USING C.B.T. (cognitive behavioural therapy)TEQUNIQUES.
To me it was "oh my god! That sounds just like me" and like someone switching a light on.
It might not work for everybody but it,s certainly worth a try.
It is available from libraries or costs about a tenner.Also available is a range of these OVERCOMING books including; panic attacks,depression,insomnia etc etc.
BY THE WAY I AM NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THESE BOOKS IT'S JUST THAT I HOPE THEY CAN HELP YOU AS THEY HAVE ME.
Good luck and best wishes in overcoming this horrible torment,
Kevin

AuroraSky

I agree this book is very helpful in understanding the roots of SA and making you feel less alone in your condition. I have read it three times now and got something new each time. However as with a lot of self-help books I find it much easier just reading and never get to completing the exercises that would help me much more. That's not the author's fault but I found it much more helpful going to offline meets - I do appreciate not everyone is near a group but that is what helped me the most. However this book is perfect for someone who is new to the term "social anxiety" and wants to know more about it, it saves countless hours surfing the internet which makes it well worth reading for that alone.

Another book I would recommend is "Diagonally Parked In a Parallel Universe" which is available from Amazon too.