HELP!!!!!

shynobody

nvm lol.

for all who read it...if you want an update...pm me and i'll tell you what happened.

otherwise...please let this thread die. thanks.

shynobody

woo...a reply :). ummm nothing much...and i hope to keep it that way. she's seen a pic of me so hopefully she doesnt think i'm that ugly. but i know for it to go anywhere i'm going to have to tell i have SP and depression. :roll: hope she's like most of the pple i've played in the past and doesnt ask too many personal questions...otherwise i'm dead...

shynobody

i hope so lol. and thanks :).

only 2 hours until death 8O 8O :lol:. i'm trying to keep my mind off of it but its not working. my heart is beating so fast i think its going to explode lol. i'm shaking like a leaf on steroids lol. my mind is going blank as usual.

Butterflies

I agree with IcarusUnderWater. You don't have to tell her you have anxiety and depression. That can come later when trust is developed.

If you are feeling nervous then tell her that (it's natural to be nervous in this situation) - it's the first thing you can talk about that you'll have in common :)

Focus on the positive. You're a funny guy - girls love a great sense of humour.

... and please update us on this one. We'd like to hear how you go.

maggie

shynobody said:
tomorrow i have a tennis date with a girl i met on meetup.com. in her first email to me, she seemed enthusiastic and even wanted to "hang out" too. not sure if she meant playing tennis and hanging out would be the same thing. i was thinking maybe she wanted to talk over coffee or something :?. and now i'm so nervous. i really want to do this tho. i feel like just diving in head first and w/e happens happens. but i'm also afraid she might notice i'm shy and anxious and have no life and boring...

but her last couple of emails she doesnt seem that excited as the first and she didnt answer some of the questions i asked so i dont know what to think..is she interested? :?. i really dont want to blow it. she looks like someone i want to be with lol...but not sure about her personality. i guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. if i dont update...it means i probably ran in front of a train lol. not sure why i'm posting this...i guess this may be the closest thing to a date i'll ever have lol. i'm sure no one will reply anyway...
hey shynobody..good luck with your date..i think tennis is a great choice..at least you'll be busy doing something..it'll be a distraction from the anxiety likely :wink: Hopefully you're going fairly early so there's not much time beforehand to overthink things. If you're anything like me..the first few minutes will be the worst..then the anxiety will lessen and it'll be uphill from there. I think it's a really awesome and brave thing you're doing..good luck, we'll be waiting to hear how things went 8)