Help

liltwitch

I have a problem sometime when I eat I feel real nervous and I can't swallow my food down normally and I gag, is this anxiety? My throat is perfectly fine because when i'm at home I can eat fine but at school I have this problem. Please someone answer as soon as possible because school is starting again and I don't want to go threw this another entire year.

IceLad

At times, I tend to eat really fast and don't chew properly. Couple of times in the last year, food has got stuck in my throat which couldn't be washed down with a drink. It's very uncomfortable, worrying and embarrassing.

It's common sense, but now I make sure that I eat small pieces, chew thoroughly and take my time no matter what.

I used to hate eating around people really self concious.

watched a program about a man who lost 6 stone because He would be sick after eating it turned out that it was just a phobia and that he was contracting his asophogus sub conciously.

Back to your problem it sounds if you are not producing enough syliva (sp?) because you are nervous, try drinking more as you eat and maybe chewing gum if your mouth feels dry during the day.

mermaid

why don't you try eating outside at lunch first where there aren't so many people around and take your time and read a book or something while you are doing it and then east your self back inside adn maybe you will have trained your brain to swallow normally while you are at school and there is nothing to be nervous about, instead of jumping right in there, because school hasn't even started yet and you are already nervous about it.