HELP! Psychiatrist "CAN'T" prescribe MEMANTINE?!

Sbcy

At the last appointment i had with my psychiatrist, he said he "can't" prescribe memantine/namenda because it's not approved by the FDA for ADHD, OCD or GAD (my diagnosis). I showed him a bunch of the research showing promise for ADHD & OCD patients but he said he can't do it. I don't expect this is him just "not wanting" to prescribe a drug. He never hesitates to write me a script for anything else...even prescribed Desoxyn upon my suggestion due its reported less side effects compared to Adderall. Seems somewhat willing to listen. Where do I go to get memantine/Namenda prescribed and how?! I went to a new psychiatrist recently on the fluke hoping he would consider memantine but instead he just daignosed me with PDD and want to prescribe trycyclics eventually but wasn't receptive to memantine despite my bringing loads of articles and such about it showing potential to help those with OCD, ADD and other disorders besides alzeimers. He was also well aware that I've been in treatment for many years and tried loads of meds so trying something of label isn't necessarily out of the question here. This psychi however did NOT say he "couldn't" prescribe it, he just kinda avoided it and told what he thought I should think about the trycyclics & behavioral therapy and come back in a few weeks.
Please, my Adderall tolerance is naturally very high. All i can do is take 30 mg xr/week for 3 hours of being focused! I had left a message with this new psych's staff when I called about making the first appointment asking if he would consider prescribing memantine, but evidently that message didn't reach him. Any ideas what to do? How to approach this without seemingly like I'm trying to abuse drugs or something?? I just wanna be able to follow conversation and focus on school work more than a few hours per week. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cliched

Made an account to reply to this.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for Namenda to help with Adderall tolerance, so I don't see why yours says he "can't". Maybe he thinks your insurance won't cover it? My doctor didn't think they would although I ended up not having any problems with my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield).

Namenda has been a miracle drug for me, I started on 10mg/day and got my doctor to up me to 20mg/day. I noticed a HUGE difference in my Adderall tolerance right away, but it took about 6 months before I reached a tolerance-equilibrium. The stuff is awesome, I feel like my short term memory has improved while on it as well but that might just be confirmation bias.