help please?

katheryneseaman

I've had extremely high anxiety for the past few years. I've been on Paxil, Lexapro, Depacote, and Xanax, none of which seemed to work or have given me worse side effects than the anxiety itself. I took myself off of all medication about 2 years ago...my anxiety subsided mostly. Occaionally I'd have a mild panic attack, but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with.
12 weeks ago, I had a baby. Since then, I've had an overwhelming feeling of "lightheadedness". I've been afraid to leave the house because i'm afraid I'll pass out, and I don't know what I'd do! My doctor ran a few tests and atributed it to anxiety, yet again, and decided to put me on zoloft.
She said to only take 25mg...and to actually take 12.5 the first to weeks then to up to 25. I did so...at first the only thing i experienced was a loss of appetite...an extreme loss of appetite. I had to force myself to eat, pretty much. (I've lost almost 10 pounds in 3 weeks)...then the day I go up to my 25 mg dose, I try to sleep that night...and have the worst panic attack i've ever had. (couldn't concentrate...lasted 3 hours...eyes were completely dialated, face was white, called my sister to come over and she thought i was drugged cuz i couldn't get out a sentence correctly). the next day i went back down to 1/2 a pill.
That night, I experienced something I'd never experienced before, though. I want to call it a "vibration" inside? i don't know how else to describe it. It was like...my insides were vibrating...all over my body. and it was happening right before i fell asleep...and it lasted maybe 15 seconds and went away after i realized it was happening. my outsides weren't shaking. i wasn't chatting teeth. my hands were steady. my pulse was normal. my sister said i wasn't shaking. but i could feel it.
Since then, for the past two nights (tonight will be night 3), I've had the vibrations before i go to sleep and when i wake up. I'm not sure what they are, and they really really scare me. I already have high anxiety, but to be exuting a symptom such as a VIBRATING BODY makes me even more worried.
I'm not sure if maybe the zoloft is causing this...i've only been on it for 2 weeks and 5 days...but if anyone could help me out or give me input or has any similar stories, I'd love to hear.

Thank you!!

cammo

Zoloft Side Effects:

Diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry month, headache, indigestion, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, tingling, vomiting, altered taste, abnormal vision, chest pain, confusion, hallucinations, headache, hives, impaired concentration, increased blood pressure, numbness, paresthesias, or tongue ulceration.

I would consult my Dr regarding the inner vibrations if I were you.
These drugs do some amazing & quite frightening things to our body.
Remember, these things are foreign to our bodies and sometimes our bodies don't know how to handle them. I assure you, you're not going insane, your just reacting to the drug.

workingonit

I am on zoloft but im decreasing it and switching to paxil. Whenever i would increase zoloft i would feel vibraty in the morning for about 2 or 3 days and then it went away. I was reallly scared, but evrything else was normal about me, and like you i wasnt shaky on the outside it just felt like a wierd vibrating feeling.
Hope that helps

yasu

I also quite frequently get that vibration feeling mostly in my chest. It occurs most before i try to fall asleep. I have been on zoloft before so i dunno if this might be a side effect but it has been about 1 yr since i've taken zoloft. Hope the info helps. I stop it by applying EFT at the time it occurs. EFT has really been a life saver for me. I can function on a daily basis now without drugs, although I haven't resolved all of my issues.

http://www.emofree.com/

If you have questions about EFT feel free to email me. i hope it can help you. you can download the manual for free.
sincerely,
yasu

Cinn

Hi my name is Cinn, I've used Zoloft for over 10 years because I have major panic attacks for the last 15 years. They don't work on the panic/Anixiety problem. You might want to call your doctor back and ask for something like Ativan.
I'm now getting help for my panic disorder and I can happily say there is a cure for this. I have started taking Mind Body classes at Kaiser Permanente for it and am working with a Cognitive Behavior Phd. Up until a month ago. I thought I was the only one in this world with this problem. But I can now see I'm not. So remember, you are not alone in this. 25 % of Americans have the same problem as you do. And there is help out there for all of us! I"m going to open some thread with the information I know and have learned.

Cinn