Help or advice very much appreciated

Naomi

Hey, well I've never done this before - posted on a thread or even read one but this thing that's happening is really getting to be too much. I'm not sure anyone'll actually read this but I figure writing stuff down is usually good advice. I'm 32 and a teacher, I am about to be married to a lovely, understanding guy who I love like no other - so why am I constantly on edge and nervous? It makes no sense, I am a lucky person, blessed, but I can't shake this panic. It's like I have too much adrenaline or something. I feel like I am constantly having to talk to myself (in my head thankfully!!) to try to calm myself down. From reading bobs and bits on here I realise I am not alone. If anyone does read this I would be massively grateful for any advice. I am going to make an appointment with my Doctor this week as this weekend has been a nightmare and it seems to be occuring more and more often. If you have read this, thank you...it truly is appreciated.

coyote

It's understandable that you're anxious about getting married - that's a big step to take in life.

I'm always nervous every time i do it.

Is there anything in particular that is troubling you?

Naomi

Thank you for replying. On looking at it I think I have been like this for a long time; not just since I have been getting married. It just all seems to be happening all at once at the moment. I can't seem to calm myself down and that makes me more panicky which inevitably leads to a circle of carnage!

coyote

I'm sure most everyone here can relate to that.

I think the most important step is identifying the thoughts that trigger the fear.

Then you can start working on changing those thoughts.

Great plan to see a doctor - they can help you do that better that trying to do it by yourself.

Fighter86

Have you spoken to your fiance about it? Maybe he can help calm your nerves? What in particular about your marriage is worrying you?

just wanna b normal

feeling nervous & shy is part of the symptoms of social anxiety do a little research on SA to help you understand it to overcome it. trust me i feel like that all the time, i hate it!