Help in Sydney.

J

joe26

Hi -
Has anyone done any of the group therapy's around town? (Sydney)

Ive just come off medication (which practically cured my anxiety), and I am now in total relapse and determined to do all I can to get better. Going back on meds is not an option (due to side effects, dependancy).

Im seeing a Pshycolgoist and a Pshycotherapist, but not making enough progress. I've done a fair share of CBT too but that was whilst I was on meds. Now Im off the meds im back to square 1 x 100.

So yea, anyone have any experiences with group therapy or something else?

Hi

Sorry havent done group therapy yet but am seriously thinking of doing one starting May in Melb. I guess at the very least you meet other people who feel the same. Would love to hear fromn anyone who has done one and how they found it. I have only found one in Melb done by Catherine Madigan. Does anyone know of any others?

Hi, Sorry to heat about your position.. I had lots of problems finding help in Sydney that was good UNTIL.. I came across this group BMI

Current clinical studies - BMRI - Brain and Mind Research Institute - The University of Sydney

This is a government funded program which I can say 100% is the best I have ever been to... this has be able to clear most of my SA issues and I can not go out to bars and pubic places...

I can not suggest this group enough to anyone with SA.. it's a small group of people and they do a drug trial if you are interested but also take people who do not take the drug trial.. They only do CBT and I have to say I know a couple of people in the group who all praise this..

They have a session starting soon [email protected] drop them a mail.. as they are the best and I have had SA for years and this treatment has helped me in my life and I'm starting to live again:D

I'm not perfect but I'm doing amazing things for me ! good luck stay in touch

Last edited: