Help for Social Anxiety/Phobia in Colorado

Hi, I know of something that I have used personally with pretty good success to really help change how I feel around other people and how I feel in a range of different social situations.

I haven't been able to use it in a way that its made a lasting change but I have genuinely experienced many times of feeling perfectly comfortable, interested in others and my attention directed outside in social situations. I've found it easy to just be in the moment and ask people questions (think of questions to ask), listen to their answers and answer their questions and basically just have a really enjoyable time socially.

That's after having been housebound with fear for weeks/months on end. After having to work up the courage to go to the mailbox for fear of coming across a neighbour, postie or stranger walking down the street. I've personally had an on/off relationship (sounds like a f&*$ing romance or something) with social anxiety.

BUT HERE'S THE WHOLE POINT OF MY THREAD: The 'off' part of my relationship with S.A. was because I was using a treatment that really does make a difference. The main reason I think the changes didn't last was coz I was doing it myself and don't know how to mak it lasting. However there are people who are brilliant at using this treatment and I want to let ppl know about them and see if they are willing to give it a go and let me know if it works 100% for them.

If you live in Colorado, especially near Boulder plz let me know and I'll give you plenty of info. It isn't a very difficult treatment, it isn't about 'forcing yourself' to do things or 'facing your fear'. It's a lot kinder and I believe effective than those approaches. If I lived in Boulder I'd absolutely give it a go with some of these people. So plz if you live there plz get in touch with me...it may lead you to a new life!!!

DD.

Hey Shift, thanks for responding and I apologize for taking a while to respond to your response...if you follow me...lol

Anyway the treatment I'm talking about is an approach to therapy called NLP. You may or may not have heard of it but it originated about 30-40 years ago and was created when a group of people were interested in finding out what really works in helping people change.

They went out and studied what the most effective therapists at the time did in order to find out what is the difference. How is it that these people can get results where other people can't? As a result of this interest they found there were certain common things effective therapists did that got results with people.

That's how it started, which to me makes a lot of sense. Since then it has developed and there are now heaps of different approaches and techniques and people using, learning and teaching this stuff called NLP. One of the people who was there very early on and who developed a wonderful technique called Core Transformation is a lady called Connirae Andreas.

There are some videos of her on youtube if you want to have a look, here's one in which she discusses positive intention through a lovely story;
YouTube - Connirae Andreas - Positive Intention

She's a really nice lady and is brilliant at using this method she created called Core Transformation. If I lived in Colorado I would absolutely get in contact with her and go see her for some Core Transformation sessions as I think it would be not only very effective but a very kind and gentle way of achieving change.

I'll leave it to you to do your own research on Core Transformation, but as a fellow social anxiety sufferer...who currently is staying at home almost 24/7 and finding it difficult to be around even my family at Christmas time...which brings tears to my eyes as I'm writing this... I would encourage you to look into it because I genuinely believe it can help you resolve your anxiety and I would give anything for the opportunity to be close enough to see her or someone as experienced as her at using this...

Here is a link to a website with info about her and there is a link regarding private sessions with contact info etc. www If you're interested you can contact her and ask her questions...I really hope you're interested enough to find out more and possibly give it a go...

DD

- I don't know if the youtube video worked but if you're interested in watching the vid just type in Connirae Andreas - Positive Intention on youtube and it'll come up.

Cheers