Hellraising

Bexi

Hi, regarding those animal links i posted! Yes i feel exactly the same way as u do, it is so hard to see abused animals, I did some research into Iams last night- an evil pet food manufacturer, and looking at photos makes me so sad, yet it is important to face facts and to see what some people are doing to animals :(

Bexi

That's very cool you were so passionate about something you believe in though!

Hellraising

Cassie said:
In high school I got really into animal rights, every school assignment I done was on animal rights, I became a vegetarian, and I made my own Meat is Murder shirt. But sadly I've lost sight of all that lately :x

There's such a thing as 'losing sight' in a stong belief? Maybe it was just a craze phase for you then.

Bexi - I'm really glad to hear that there's someone out there who truly loves animals and feels for them too. Are you doing anything to help animals? Sadly, I'm not at the moment. If you're interested, you could make a donation to help animals affected by hurricane Katrina. Here's the link: http://www.aspca.org/hurricane

The thing is, I have yet to find someone who loves animals as much as I do. I believe that animals should not be ridden or used for entertainment purposes. I believe that animals should not be kept on farms just for milk and such. If people think about it, would they like to be ridden and forced to go wherever the rider wants to? Would they like to be used for entertainment? Would they like to be kept in a confined space and just eat, sleep and give milk all day?

But then again, all this talk and I'm not doing anything myself. I'm not even a vegan and I don't take care of my pets.

Does all this hurt being done to animals make you want to kill yourself, Bexi? For me, it does. I feel that I don't want to be a part of this cruelty. I don't want to be a member of earth. But by thinking of suicide, I'm just thinking for myself. I should be staying and helping them out. And all I'm thinking of is running away and leaving them behind to suffer, which makes me want to kill myself even more. I don't think I'm strong enough to really help animals because by helping them, I'd be putting myself in the position where I will learn more about the cruelty being done to them, and how cruel people can get. It'll hurt too much, I don't think I can take it. And then I'll feel that I'm abandoning them, so it's really a cycle. Just like my eating. I eat when I'm angry, I'm angry because I eat, you know?

God, I just want all animals to be saved. But that will never happen, it's just much too rampant.

Bexi

Hi Hellraising, you seem very passionate about animals, actually, it is interesting u mention feeling suicidal over the mis-treatment of animals.

I personally feel deeply sad and distressed over the mis-treatment of any animal, but it does make me forget my own issues and problems, and want to get better so I can go help these animals, by demonstrating, or perhaps one day going to another country and physically helping these animals, this would be upsetting but a positive step!

It does frustrate me that not all these animals can be helped, I have seen and read some apalling things, that make me want to hurt these evil people! But the fact that so many people help and save these animals helps restore my faith in humankind!

Yes, I am planning on donating to help the animals of the Katrina hurricane, last night i found a site wherei could donate from england which is great! I wish i could physically help tho.

The feeling of powerlessness is annoying isn't it? animals were not put on this planet to be beaten, eaten, abused, tormented and used for our pleasure! It sickens me and makes me very angry, however, as i said before, it does make me want to get better, get over depression, and go out and do what I can for them!

I understand you feeling suicidal over this mis-treatment of animals, but please do not give in to these feelings xxx

Hellraising

That's great! That is exactly how I should be feeling. To aim to get better and be able to help animals, especially physically being there and being one of the first to help them.

I have the the same views as you have. It's nice to know that someone else feels the same way as I do, especially since these are strong beliefs.

I really hope that you get better soon so you could start helping animals.
All the best.

Hellraising

Aahh... I see. When you said that you 'lost sight of all that', I thought you meant you didn't believe in animal rights anymore.

Hellraising

Aahh... I see. When you said that you 'lost sight of all that', I thought you meant you didn't believe in animal rights anymore.