Hello, im new here.

Memocan

Hello all, after reading alot of posts i thought i'd introduce myself. First of all im sorry if u dont understand what im exactly saying, because english isnt my first language.

Ok, im 29 years old by now and im suffering from some seriuos phobias.
I think it all started because of a burnout.
One day at work when i was working (nightshift) my shift was almost done, it was a hard working night, after a while of working i planned to go outside for a ciggarete, but when i came in again i felt very dizzy, it became black for my eyes, and all of my energy was gone, i litteraly had to sit because i couldnt stand up anymore, so i called it a day and went home. This all happened something like 4 years ago.

Now here is when my life really changed, i was getting scared for everything,like going to the mall and seeing friends.
In the beginning everthing was more extreme, but now i handle it much better, but its not over yet.

Here are the things i cant do:
Social anxiety or phobia: I dont see any friends anymore, i just keep avoiding them, when i see someone then i feel very uncomfortable, no air, blushing, feeling just very weird, and i do everything just to get out of there as fast as possible.

Driving with car on highway: This one is also one of my scariest experience, i cant drive on the highway anymore, i had some very bad experiences on the highway, hyperventilation, no air, i think it was a panic attack, now i just avoid highways.

There are some more things like, affraid of doing a bloodtest( needle), affraid of heights which i never had before all of this, going out to bars and stuff (social).

Funny thing is and im glad that i can do this, i work normally 5 days in the week, still at the same factory where i had my burnout. I say burnout because i think thats what happened. I think thats because im used to the enviroment and the people, i think it will be very hard for me to start a new career and meeting new people.

I just started with cognitive behaviour therapy, had some sessions and must say that i havent see any good things yet, but i have to be patient.
Never used any pills or something, which maybe something for me but ill first stick to get better without pills.
My thoughts of what my problem is: Social phobia and panic attacks.

So, this was my story, if there is anyone with some useful tips or anything else feel free to post something.

johnyboy

welcome.You know what this forum helps me a lot to overcome my panic attack and phobias.I learned many things from this site.I hope you too,again i welcome you friend.Your not alone.. :)