Hello from Australia

chrisjr

Hi everyone,

Twenty-something college student from Australia here, studying social science and fine arts. My interests include theatre, pop art, rock and classical music, English lit, film, hiking and sports.

I've experienced various issues related to social anxiety and avoidant personality for some years. This has affected my ability to go out in public and maintain friendships, and resulting in many challenges my studies and career.

With my academic and professional work sometimes requiring me to be centre stage (literally), this condition (and contradiction) has lead to some pretty unique experiences! :giggle: My highs and lows have ranged from being essentially housebound and not speaking to anyone for weeks on end, to taking the stage as a performing artist and leading various artistic projects.

I don't think I've ever met anyone else with challenges of this kind, so I hope to learn some strategies that have helped others.

Looking forward to meeting new people and sharing ideas :) :greeting:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Welcome to the site, that's an interesting situation you have. I think it's inspiring that you're managing it as well as you are.