Hello everyone..

Silvio

I just want to make polite conversation with anyone.. I suffer with agoraphobia so i don't get out much, thus creating a very tiny number of friends in the outside world..

Silvio

Another fantastic response to 1 of my threads... And you wonder why this board is so quiet.. Fcuk off & die already

Silvio

So is that what it takes to get to make conversation round here.. I have to be abusive..?!??! I don't get any replies until i start being nasty & swearing, 'go figure'.??

maggie

Silvio said:
So is that what it takes to get to make conversation round here.. I have to be abusive..?!??! I don't get any replies until i start being nasty & swearing, 'go figure'.??
hey Silvio..i know it's frustrating to get no response to a post...but no, i don't think you have to be abusive to get replies..some of the threads, depending on which forum they end up in, don't automatically go to the top of the page..and are not seen by everyone. I'm online quite a bit, and only just noticed this thread today, and it's the 12th of March now.

Quixote

maggie said:
Silvio said:
hey Silvio..i know it's frustrating to get no response to a post...but no, i don't think you have to be abusive to get replies..some of the threads, depending on which forum they end up in, don't automatically go to the top of the page..and are not seen by everyone. I'm online quite a bit, and only just noticed this thread today, and it's the 12th of March now.

I only saw this today as well. Besides, it's often a matter of chance I think, whether a post receives replies or not. There needs not be a special reason..and it's not done out of hostility. Also you have to consider that we are all in the same boat here.. and we all like to receive comfort and advice and understanding, but there is only a limited amount of effort that one average person might be willing to go go through in order to help a complete stranger. One spends some time on this board, reads a post here and there, and maybe, if he feels he has something to say, or the subject is of interest to him, or if on that day he feels an unusal and pure desire to help, one might decide to leave a comment... but there is not necessity in all this.

PS And yes, you are quite right, writing in abusive manner probably does indeed increase the chances of receiving one or more replies. It's becasue it awakens people's emotions and interest. It's broadly speaking the same principle that is followed in advertising. This is not to say you should do that on a regular basis.. in fact while you might receive more replies, they will hardly ever be useful or constructive ones... mine included ;)