Hello Everyone

I posted on here in July of 2011 regarding my horrible panic attacks! You can still find it on the first page one of the first 10 topics, either way I just came here to announce that I am much better now. I want to thank all the people who gave me advice and tried to comfort me at that time when I really needed it.

I would like to share with everyone what helped me get rid of them. I was addicted to Lorazepam because it was the only thing that brought some relief. I tried many forms of natural relaxations. I would get massages 3 times a week to try and get rid of the tension. I would do sooo many things to get rid of the terrible attacks but they just would not leave.

I was waiting for an appointment with a psychologist because he said he could see me in a month. A MONTH! Normally I would not think that is not a long time but when you live with daily panic attacks it is an eternity. My aunt helped me contact a psychotherapist and she agreed to meet me the next day. As soon as I met her and she began to question me, I began to cry. I could finally tell someone my fears without getting weird looks as a response. She understood every thing I was feeling and after that I went to see her every week. By the way, I never went to the appointment with the psychologist.

I was seeing her for about 5 months until I thought I was well enough to go on my own. She helped me soooo much and I love that lady because she does not know how much she did for me. I have my life back you guys!!!! I am once again living my life without those attacks, though I must confess, once in a while I feel like they are returning. Sometimes I feel a little uneasy and then the "bad" thoughts start to enter my mind but I just keep on going with what I am doing and ignore them. I can actually ignore them :)

What I am saying is that you can actually get rid of them!!! Some people I talked to told me they have had them for years and that would make me feel like "They are never leaving!!!" but they did. You guys that are suffering of them should really go get help. When they recommended me to a psychologist I thought they wanted to throw me in a mental facility but no it really helps. I know psychologist are so expensive but looking into therapist would be a good idea.

I just want to help any one out there living with the attacks because I know what a terrible life that can be. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me! I am here to help now after you guys helped me out so much :D

It's great to hear that you are doing well. I think that seeing someone to talk stuff out with is the most important step for anyone to take, they can show you different ways of thinking about things and changing thoughts can change feelings for the better. It can be expensive, but so can living for years with anxiety problems - my experience is that some therapists offer to negatiate the cost of sessions anyway.

Srijita52

Hi, I'm so glad you're doing better. I hope you keep feeling like this in the future as well. Good luck :)