Hello everyone

LION

I just want to mention that not long time ago i was a member of this group (and log time ago as well, about three years or four years ago, my nickname is irrelevant now). in any case this kind of sites only bring self-loath, there's nothing good about the 'you're not alone' slogan. regards.

MsKip

How is there nothing good about the 'you are not alone' slogan?
Isn't that the whole point of a support forum, so that you feel less alone?
In my opinion, sites like this encourage anything but self-loathing. They allow people to talk to others that are in the same situation, and therefore they can talk about the situation, and possibly work out a way to resolve it. This might not be possible in the real world, 'cause they might not have people around who understand. The internet's smashing.

Not to sound mean, buddy, but you're wrong. :)

Illusions

How is there nothing good about the 'you are not alone' slogan?
Isn't that the whole point of a support forum, so that you feel less alone?
In my opinion, sites like this encourage anything but self-loathing. They allow people to talk to others that are in the same situation, and therefore they can talk about the situation, and possibly work out a way to resolve it. This might not be possible in the real world, 'cause they might not have people around who understand. The internet's smashing.

Not to sound mean, buddy, but you're wrong. :)

Sorry LION, but I agree with MsKip. I'm really glad I stumbled upon this forum because I can relate to people and have even come across other people from my country with the same problems... whereas previously I felt like I was the odd one out in real life.

Fighter86

I personally find sites like these helpful, really. After a long day out, and having problems I couldn't talk about to anyone or have no one to talk to, I can at least vent here. When I stepped home earlier, I came on this site pronto and start reading the posts and I felt much better.

NothingElseMatters

I just want to mention that not long time ago i was a member of this group (and log time ago as well, about three years or four years ago, my nickname is irrelevant now). in any case this kind of sites only bring self-loath, there's nothing good about the 'you're not alone' slogan. regards.

yeah you r somehow right about the loathing and staff.but i would expect from someone who used to be in spw for so long to know that there are actually ppl who met because of these sites.huh???