Hello everyone, yeah I'm new... and I wanted to share...

DemonDayz

My first post, man it feels so great to know I'm not alone in having this, at the same time it makes me rather sad to see there are so many of us that are battling this phobia every day, but anyways...

So yeah, I am 16 ,probably quite a youngin' for this place I would imagine, and as far as I can tell... have had social anxiety from around the age of 13 or so... I just recently realized that my fears were actually common enough to be a phobia, and after doing a bit of research realized I had almost every sympton of Social Anxiety... for a while now I've seen no reason to address the issue, as I look at my life as fairly happy (it could be worse), and didn't see it as a big issue... until today.

I was discussing with my mom about where I want to go to college, and how she was saying that I basically don't go anywhere and am very reclusive, and I wouldn't be ready for the real world. So to make a long story short I realized for the first time, that she didn't realize I was afraid to socialize, she just simply didn't understand how I felt, and how I reacted around other people. It was then I realized how maybe it wasn't so common for me to feel the way I did, but then I found this place...

I plan to spend a lot of time from here on out (not like I have a life anyways >.<) learning about Social Anxiety, how to combat it, how to deal with it, how to tell others I have it, learning about others that do have it, and their stories, and hopefully one day... to ultimately resolve this issue. That's basically it... probably nothing unique but I really wanted to get this off my chest, I was browing around this forum and found other people's trials and tribulations so close and similiar to my own, that it utterly overwhelmed me, so I had to sign up and post this.

Thank You for spending the time to read this ;)

--DemonDayz

nighthawk

Hey Demondayz,

Welcome to SPW. I wish I'd found this place when I was sixteen, but I'm glad you did. You've recognized your SA/SP at a time when your still maturing, so I think-and hope- that by learning how to cope with your anxieties now, you'll ultimately become a more confident and hopefully happier adult. Work hard at it. Good luck and feel free to MM me anytime.

PEACE :)

Hurricane

welcome DemonDayz, I'm glad you realised what you have so you can start beating that motherf*cker :)