Hello everybody. I need your support!

ohheybbyitscorixx

Hello today. I really need a new job. I had legal issues with my other job, and it has made me nervous to apply for new ones. I have applied, to both CNA and cashier positions, but they ALL want experience! I feel stuck, and now I am afraid to even apply to places because I don't want to get rejected and end up just never finding a job. I'm also suck at interviews. My boyfriend gave me this trick to take my glasses off during interviews because I can't see that good, so I can make eye contact. But, other than that, I am a sweaty, blubbering mess. Does any one have any tips for me? Or can some of you guys and girls just give me your support? I don't have much support at all. My boyfriend isn't too understanding of my anxiety right now. I have to take a public bus to all of the places I apply by myself (which is bad enough), and no one to really come with me. It seems like the people in my life just expect me to apply to all of these places, work 40 hours a week, and to shut up about it. It's so frustrating... I am thinking of going on disability, but my boyfriend's mother "needs" me to help her pay rent, so I must have an income now...

I am a mess at job interviews and am terrified of the rejection too. However I have found that Beta-blockers (like Inderal) have helped me a lot to handle job interviews. They at least stop my heart from beating out of my chest, so I can breathe better. If an excessive heartbeat is a problem for you during interviews maybe they might help you?

Are you able to explain what you are going through to your parents and get them to help if your boyfriend is not understanding what you're going through atm?

I know it can make everything seem 100 times harder to cope with when no one around you "gets" anxiety and what it puts you through on a daily basis. Have you talked to a doctor about maybe getting some therapy to help? Even just having someone to talk to about it with and "get it out of your system" so to speak can help as well.

ohheybbyitscorixx

I am a mess at job interviews and am terrified of the rejection too. However I have found that Beta-blockers (like Inderal) have helped me a lot to handle job interviews. They at least stop my heart from beating out of my chest, so I can breathe better. If an excessive heartbeat is a problem for you during interviews maybe they might help you?

Are you able to explain what you are going through to your parents and get them to help if your boyfriend is not understanding what you're going through atm?

I know it can make everything seem 100 times harder to cope with when no one around you "gets" anxiety and what it puts you through on a daily basis. Have you talked to a doctor about maybe getting some therapy to help? Even just having someone to talk to about it with and "get it out of your system" so to speak can help as well.

Thank you so much for your reply! About my parents, they are not in the picture. Long story short, very unsupportive and abusive. I do not have insurance, but I am on a county program to help people without insurance. I contacted them a month ago, and a therapist was supposed to call me within a month. I think I will give it another week and call back. I do think it's time I have a therapist again, it's been a year and I need it. I have been on meds but had reactions to them before so I am afraid of longer term meds, but if it's only something when I am having anxiety to take I am a lot more comfortable. What are beta blockers again? It's been a while for me, and I have forgotten. I have been on xanax before, but it did not help anxiety at all. I do suffer from panic attacks, and my heart beating is definitely something that will start making my anxiety rise. I also have dissociation when I am in a high stress situation, so my mind blanks out and I cannot answer questions. Do you think it's possible for a temporary medicine to help me with that, too?

Thank you so much for your reply! About my parents, they are not in the picture. Long story short, very unsupportive and abusive. I do not have insurance, but I am on a county program to help people without insurance. I contacted them a month ago, and a therapist was supposed to call me within a month. I think I will give it another week and call back. I do think it's time I have a therapist again, it's been a year and I need it. I have been on meds but had reactions to them before so I am afraid of longer term meds, but if it's only something when I am having anxiety to take I am a lot more comfortable. What are beta blockers again? It's been a while for me, and I have forgotten. I have been on xanax before, but it did not help anxiety at all. I do suffer from panic attacks, and my heart beating is definitely something that will start making my anxiety rise. I also have dissociation when I am in a high stress situation, so my mind blanks out and I cannot answer questions. Do you think it's possible for a temporary medicine to help me with that, too?

Beta blocker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They do not help with anxiety, they just stop the adrenaline (fight or flight reaction) therefore stopping your heart from racing and your hands shaking. Have you tried Antidepressants before for your anxiety?, they are not addictive (like the benzos). Although their success seems to vary a lot between different people.

So sorry to hear your parents are not there for you.

It would be best to ask your doctor about the best medicine to help with your dissociation. Good luck!:)

Last edited:

MikeyC

I have no experience with those pressure-cooker interviews but, like you, I'd be a blubbering mess. The best you can do is relax and answer the questions as best you can.

You should talk to your boyfriend about your anxiety. If he's not understanding it does make it harder for you but hopefully he can see your side of the story.

Good luck with everything. Applying for jobs is soul-crushing.