hello all

Hello,
little about me I am 24 years old michigan boy. I havent gone further then a mile from my house in over 1.5 years. I've been having a therapist come out to the house. He gave me lexapro I've never taken any kind of pill. And I am very scared to take it. Has anyone here have any experinces with it? Btw I was diagnosed with severe depression and GAD

thanks,
Andy

Hi, I'm a newbie as well! I took it and it worked but had side effects.. I became agressive and irittated but everyone is different. May be great for you :)

Josette

My mom took Lexapro. It worked fairly well for her. I think you should try it. It may make you feel a lot better. Or even just a little better, but that's better than nothing. I take Welbutrin and it just makes me fee a bit cheerier, kinda takes the edge off the depression and the negative thinking.

Lexapro is a ssri treats depression and gad. Ive read countless hours about it.
When I atempt to leave I have severe panic attacks. I even have those at home in my safe zone. I don't want to be drugged on pills. I just wanna live.....

from the link
"The popular perception of antidepressants seems to be that they make you foggy, or ditzy, or you don't seem like yourself anymore. But I felt *more* like myself, maybe because the anxiety and sadness that made me focus on irrelevant things in my life had faded"
:)

Josette

I don't want to be drugged on pills. I just wanna live.....

I understand the reluctance to take meds. I used to be that way as well. Think of it like this: if your kidneys were failing, would you take the drug prescribed by the doctor to help? Well, this is your brain failing you--the most important organ in the body--so why not take meds for it?