Heart palpitations, skipped beats.

westsidemike

Does anyone ever get these? I started getting them a year ago i would get them once a week sometimes twice or 3 times but lately ive been getting em like 4 ,5 sometimes 10 times a day i get one at least everyday. My dr check my ekg i did last september listened to my heart. I had a second opinion he said everyhting was fine too and not to worry about pvc's but now im so worried as soon as i start anything like walking for 10 minutes i get some??its realy frustrating i guess deep down i dont belive its juts anxiety.

babel

westsidemike said:
its realy frustrating i guess deep down i dont belive its juts anxiety.

It still could be due to anxiety if your ecg is ok...The problem with physical symtoms caused by anxiety is that they may be preceded by thoughts that we are unaware of because they are subconscious. I am not saying that is the case with you but anytime I get palpitations I try to calm my mind and be aware of what frightening thoughts about life etc is going on in my head :)
hope this helps a little

S

In the past, I have had heart palpitations a lot. Multiple times a day, as you said. And I've never had any tests done because really I know that it's anxiety. It's likely that if you're worrying about this, and waiting for it to happen, then it's caused by anxiety.
Does it get worse or more frequent when you're more anxious?

My main diagnosis is Health Anxiety, so I'm used to dealing with thoughts about symptoms being something to be worried about rather than just anxiety. Certainly much more often than not, with people who suffer anxiety, symptoms are caused by anxiety rather than anything more sinister.

westsidemike

Yeah like yesterday i was going for a walk and i said to my self, man i hope i dont get a bunch last time i went i had 2 or 3 what happened i got 2 or 3 again.

kerryann

hi i just want to say i suffer with the same symptoms as u mike, i get heart palputations all the time and as for the flutters i can have upto at least 20-30 a day sometimes none at all watsoever, i recently had my 3rd ECG done and it came back clear again my doctor says its all caused through Anxiety which is why i have chosen to have some counsilling to see if it helps me because now its affecting my job as my boss as asked me t take time off work which is causing me more worry because now i have it in my head they want to sack me because of my anxiety/panic attacks.

I also suffer with pains in my chest and in my back when i feel an attack coming on which the convinces me i am having heart problems so am now waiting to have tests done on my heart to rule out any more problems.

Hope u understand my meaning

jackwalsh

Hi Guys,

i have panic problems and have done for a year,god knows why as i have a good job and my future wife with no real... money worries,
I think that anyone with this disorder becomes super sensitive about their body and when you eat it is not a problem and when you lie in bed worrying about your heart beat it will be fine as you have not died.

Christ i feel a d*ck for saying these things and sometimes when you read these sites it makes you feel worse, but i am sorry for my spelling mistakes but i MEEN it

thequietone

Definately sounds like Panic Attacks, all the symptoms everyone's describing, and they are due to Anxiety. But sometimes you do get them for apparently no reason, or you can't define what it is you're worried about. It is good to rule out physical problems though.
Also,
Yeah like yesterday i was going for a walk and i said to my self, man i hope i dont get a bunch last time i went i had 2 or 3 what happened i got 2 or 3 again
This points to panic attacks as well. You get them in the same places a lot of times because you EXPECT to have them. I used to always get them in the car and before going to sleep, so I would try to avoid driving as much as I could and always got more nervous at night. A pattern starts developing if you let it get out of control. But there is always hope! :wink:

I get extra systols all the time....
Sometimes my heart will skip 5-7 beats in a row.....
I had EKG,ECHO done and i wore a holter monitor twice .....everything was normal ....
Im trying to get used to them :(

Tjalsma

I had open heart surgery when I was 4 years old. Nothing serious (well, it could have been worse) to repair a hole in my heart.

I started developing palpitations and began getting light-headed after I graduated high school. I had checkup after checkup after checkup after EKG after procedure, etc. All saying my heart was perfect and I should experience no heart problems ever for the rest of my life...my heart is healed.

It wasn't until I spoke to my family doctor when he said that it was anxiety. Some days I will have palpitations a few times, and sometimes I will go weeks without having one.

Imagine how messed up this made me before finding out. The combination of open heart surgery with anxiety can be a horrible combination.

I still go to the hospital sometimes when I am having really bad anxiety and they just lay me down in a hospital bed, I fall asleep exhausted, and wake up fine.

Long story short, your mind is capable of very powerful things. I am a musician so I now pick up my guitar or play a game to avoid this happening all of the time.

I wish you the best, and just reassure yourself that everything will be okay :)

westsidemike

I dont know why if i go one day without getting one i feel like a million bucks then ill go like 2 or 3 days with one or2 or someitmes more and i feel like theres somehting wrong. I saw a cardio like a month ago he did a ekg and he said i was fine but still i dont know.