Heart Pain

Noeljohn

Hi I have panic disorder ill go into th ereasons in time but I suffer quiet frquently quiet often and the pain in my heart is chronic at times during the attack which I find stems it, is this ok Im pretty freaked out

Dane

I get these pains too, and my doctor assures me that it's fine, but It still scares me a lot.

My doctor takes my bloodpressure every time I go, and it's just fine, but I'd like to have a scan for my peace of mind.

I realise that doing scans is expensive and that the waiting lists are long though, so I guess I'll have to try to trust my doctor...

cjpanics

I get these pains too. Sometimes I get them and then I start panicing. I don't know if the panic triggers it or if I actually have something wrong with my heart. I'm really scared though. For the last 4 days straight I've been having some sort of chest pains. I'm only 21 and I am going through some major life changes. I've had every heart test/scan imagineable and everything came back normal (about 2 years ago this was done). I'm just scared. My anxiety is ruining my life.

I was getting that too, i passed an electro-cardiogram and the doctor said my heart was fine, it still scares me, but I just keep on closing my eyes and visualizing the sheet of paper with the lines on it, from the test, and the doctor saying it was fine.

I'd get it checked, just for your own peace of mind, it won't make the worries go away completely, but it will give you something to lean to to make it stop.

ye i got those pains too,
i always thought i was the only one becasue everytime id tell someone that my heart is hurting, theyd always think im some sort of a nut case. my attacks always start with that pain and then heart beat ...shaky hands..and all that nonsense.

lanietrue

I used to have a very similar reaction to panic attacks when I first started getting them.
It didn't matter what anyone else said to me to try and convince me that I was OK....I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Even after I went to a cardiologist and had an EKG (that ruled out a heart problem), I still was not convinced.
Until I started seeing a psychologist.......This is how she helped me get over my fear. During a session, she helped me bring on a panic attack, and then had me get up and start doing jumping jacks (yes...Jumping Jacks!), until I got over the worst part of the attack....She explained that " if I was really having a heart attack, it would be impossible for me to do the jumping jacks".
So now I had physical proof that I was not going to die from the panic attacks....From then on, each time I started to have an attack, I did some form of exercise to prove to myself that I was OK.
This technique helped me so much, and I hope that it may bring you some comfort, if you choose to try it.

OnSSRIsForLife

Panic Attacks actually tend to mimic heart attacks. I went to the Emergency Room 12 times thinking I was dying because the chest pains hurt so bad. I had a dozen electrocardiograms and blood tests and each time I was found to physically sound and healthy. An ER doctor was almost angry at me for coming there so many times. He told me there was nothing physically wrong with me. He told me that I should seek psychological help. I did.
That was about 11 years ago and now I almost never have chest pains except when I'm under deep stress. Chest pains, it seems, for those suffering from panic disorder are almost a fact of life, dare I say, NORMAL, for those who suffer from panic disorder. Just be sure you're getting psycho-therapy, the correct medication and realize you're not dying the next time you start to have a panic attack.