HEART FLUTTERS

kerryann

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers with Heart Flutters so far i have had like 25 or more today they are just like little flutters that make me go really hot for a few seconds then it disappears i just want to see if i am not the only suffering with these.

Please reply back i could do with re-assuring on this

Many Thanks Kerry Ann
xx

Neebo

Hi Kerryann! :) I know what you mean about needing to be reassured as it is quite worrying when you have a problem that concerns your heart,but try not to worry because I too suffer from exactly what you've just described in your post. I used to suffer from Heart flutters/palpitations a lot before,but now I am becoming more relaxed I only get a couple now and again :) I know its just because I'm anxious as they only happen when I'm really nervous or stressed. So please try not to worry because you're not the only one :)

kerryann

HEART FLUTTERS ETC..........

hi Neebo

Thanks for your reply it really does worry me about this heart flutters i am booked in to have some tests done on ma heart but not til November the 6th so now am playing the waiting game.

All i do is sit and i feel every heart beat i notice every pain and i think the worst all the time i sit and think why am i just sat here i need a doctor or an ambulance i am driving myself crazy with it and all this stemmed from my panic/anxiety attack back in march, i just feel like one day my life feels great then the next i feel down and ill again, over the week i have developed a dry chesty cough and and back pain and i am coughing up Phlegm but i cant get into see the doctor til wednesday morning so now am playin the What If game with myself am just so scard caus am only 26 yrs old and i should not be feeling like this should i?

Kerry Ann

xx

Neebo

Hi again :) I'm glad that you're going to get some tests done on your heart as I think this will definately put your mind at rest once and for all :) I have also worried about my heart in the past too,reason being is that there's a history of heart disease on my mums side of the family. My mum suffered a heart attack three years ago which almost killed her 8O Doctors said that they had to resuscitate as she was actually clinically dead 8O So it does scare me as well sometimes because I wonder if I'm going to inherit it :? My mum made a full recovery,though she still has to take meds to make sure her blood doesn't clot up again. You say you're 26 and that you shouldn't be worrying,but theres no shame in worrying. I believe your never too young or old to worry. At the end of the day its human nature :)

kerryann

So do u think theres nothing to worry about then seeing at though i am not alone in this world with people who are suffering with the same symtoms as me?

Having this cough or chest infection does not help either caus the more i worry the more i feel every little pain an every single flutter i av, i must admit today as been the first day that i have ever suffered over 20 flutters any other time its just 5-8 a day i just had two now whilst typing this.

I am seeing a doc on wednesday and i am gunna make sure i tell him everything thats been goin off caus am proper sick of being ill all the time.

Do u tend to feel every pain that goes through your body i get scared at the tiniest smallest chest pain or back ache i feel like i am a hypocondriact (cant spell lol) sometimes.

Kerry Ann

:p

Neebo

In reply to your post I do also sometimes worry about my health. I sometimes if I should go and get my blood pressure checked out as I do get stressed out quite a lot sometimes :x I can understand why you're worried especially as your heart flutters seem to be quite frequent from what you've just said in your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've got such a bad chest infection,too. I think it may also be contributing to your heart flutters. But please try not to worry too much between now and november. Have you spoken to a family member about your concerns?

kerryann

no not really i live on my own and most of my family dont live close by, i wasnt really worried about t flutters until today as they were getting more frequent, i am just scaring myself more and more everytime i have one am so tired too, my chest is extremely tight and i am gettin the little shooting pains every now an again i reckon this could be anxiety again taking over.

I just wish it would all go away and my heart seems to be constantly beatng fast all the time but i think i make myself paranoid somtimes caus i am always checking my pulse and staring at my chest to see if my heart its pounding.............

Kerry Ann

xx

Plurby

I've had these palpitations in the past. They really worried me, too. I would have them even when I was resting, like relaxing in the bath. I'd have them while busy doing the housework or while I was shopping. I thought they might be because I was a little anaemic, but when I went to the docs and asked them about it, they would say it has nothing to do with a lack of iron, they said it was something else. But they didn't tell me what the something else was.

I felt so crap about myself that there was a part of me that didn't feel as though I deserved any help and thought the doctors would fob me off. And they were, but that was mainly because I wasn't telling them how I felt. Viscious circle really.

My palpitations have gone now. I haven't had one for two or three years now. I didn't really associate them with anxiety. I think at that time the anxiety was such a part of me I couldn't imagine being anything else. I hope that makes sense. :)

I really think that our minds can make these things a whole lot worse. I had a problem in my throat once. I thought there was something quite seriously wrong. I found it hard to swallow. I eventually went to the doctors (I don't like going to the doctors), she told me that it was most likely psychosomatic. Once she told me that after she had checked me out I felt a lot better and the feeling gradually went. It's hard to imagine that you can make yourself think that somethings wrong with you when there isn't a real problem. I was feeling the discomfort, thankfully it was nothing. I just want to say that although something you may be feeling might be psychosomatic doesn't mean that it isn't the less real to you.

kerryann

i guess your right maybe its just my mind tellin me theres summat wrong wen really t here isnt, i am suffering wth back pains at the moment but am puttting that down to me not sleeping prperly but its these flutters my chest feels so tight like am gunna stop breathing its really worrying me even though i know self consciously i am fine but its trying to convince myself am fine with all thelittle pains am having and the palputations i just hope i start to feel better soon caus i dont think i can carry on like this anymore and its even harder wen you live on your own.

kerry ann
x

Plurby

Hi Kerryann. :)

Good luck with the doctors tomorrow. Let them know how worries you are about it. I'm sure the doctor will make you feel much better after you have been checked over.

I hope you come on here and tell us how you got on. :)

Claire x

kerryann

Hi claire,

I will defo keep you posted av been having the pains again this mornin in ma back chest and right arm again just littin shooting pains, am hoping he puts that down to ma chest infection but my back ache and neck ache seem to be getting worse.

So far i have 5 flutters today i just hope i dont have any more like yesterday i had about 50-60 yesterday.

Hope to hear from u soon
Love KERRY
xx :p

cscm1

Hi Kerry
I'm a newbie to this site so you're my first contact.
Last year I complained of alarming heart flutters. I would get them in the night and they would wake me up. I went to see my doc. I was fitted with a 24-hour monitor. On test, sure enough, they showed that I was having heart flutters. (Did they not believe me then??). What was the cause? Was a heart-attack imminant? Apparently not. I have AvPD/mild Aspergers/Social Phobia (quite a combination) and these were 'stress related'. Most ordinary things during the day stress me out. One can cope consciously but subconciously (whilst asleep) the brain tries to deal with them in its own way. Palpitations (heart-flutters) result.
If your family history does not predispose you to heart problems and you are young and fairly fit there are no problems: it's just the brain's way of trying to sort out the problems it experiences throughout the day.
(Yet another travail for social-phobics)!
regards
cscm1
:)