Hearing

Lotrsfan

I have a slight hearing problem and i've had it since i was little. I think my SA is a little bit because of that too and not only because i'm shy and struggle to make conversation with people. i hate it when i come across a person who talks really quiet or talks really fast. I get really nervous when i'm being served at a shop counter because i'm worried that they might say an offer like you know when they say something like...."Can i interest you in so-and-so".....or "would you be intersted in this...or something and specially when they talk quiet. I have to sometimes strain to hear them and sometimes i still can't and if my mum is with me, she'll sometimes help me, and repeat what that shop assistant is asking me. I sometimes gets embaressing because if someone asks me something, i'll sometimes give them the wrong answer because i didn't hear them properly and i get too shy or i get worried i'll sound rude if i say "parden?" or "Sorry, i can't hear you.". If i can't hear what they said, i'll be quiet for a while and don't say Parden or can't you say that again, i'll guess what they said and when i answer them my voice comes out all weird and quiet.
One time i was in Boots and was getting served and the woman at the counter said "Do you have a boots card? (you know those point cards that you get, i've got one) and i was like "uhm..." and it came out all weird, but luckily my mum was there with me, because she repeated what the woman had said and then i understand and handed the card over. If my mum wasn't there then i think i wouldn't just stood there, didn't say parden and the woman would've looked at me thinking "Hellooo!" LOL

Does anyone else have a hearing problem and it is a little bit of the reason why you have SA?