having the worsed anxiety attack + a really awkward situation I need help

LockieKermit

Well, I have been having a pretty good stint latley with my OCD but unfortunatley it's come down like a tonne of bricks.

There is this girl I like, and I was talking her last night on msn, and I found out she liked me. So I rushed in and asked her out, we were going to the movies on wednesday. Now, my anxiety soared, I was happy yet terrorfied, and now im just terrorfied.

I told her this and she agrees but still wants to go to the movies, we decided we will be friends but I just want to lock myself in my room and hide. I feel so ashamed, embarrased, ancious, and a little bit angry and frustrated. Im soooooo confused.

I understand that it's normal to get cold feet or be a little bit nervous but I just cant take this....I dont know what to do....Im on holidays at the moment so no school for 2 weeks.

I dont wanna go back to school, it will be so awkward, so now I get intrusive thoughts of harming her and others and it's and the semi-defensive wall that I've built up against my anxiety has totaly and utterly failed.

I just wanna die...

I am sorry your feeling like this but try to remember its never as bad as you think it will be.
I have had OCD for a few years but 99% of the time i can control it now.
I would get thoughts that if i didn't move,touch or check something that a family member would die.
What i do now if i get that inner voice saying 'check the cookers off or your aunt will die' i finish it off by saying 'yep by up the bum-isum' :D no such thing so she cant die from that and the inner voice shuts up :D
If your having thoughts of hurting people just finish it off with 'yep i will kill them with a stick of celery' and see if it helps.:D
This girl likes you so whats the worse that can happen?

I used to have sever OCD.. now i have almost none.. so listen to sara :)
take a scisors while ur standing next to her, and ull see hat ull do nothing to hurt her.. im serious:p

LockieKermit

ehh....Thanks guys, I can tell you im thinking to myself why the @#&Y#*&$^#$*&^ do I feel this way....Life goes on, get over it...but it just doesn't seem to click. I know this whole situation right now at this moment will subside and it will just be a stupid memory but it sucks arse.

I just want to sit in my room for the rest of my life....
My psychologist said I didn't need to see her anymore but Im going back, I want SSRIs and to do CBT, under the guidance of her.

Rockhopper

I'm feeling myself slip into an OCD spike after doing so well for the last few weeks. I thought I was over it. Your last post describes exactly how I feel. Why am I even thinking about this, just stop thinking about it and get over it. I keep having waves of feeling so strong that I can beat it to having panic attacks. Just gotta keep focusing on those strong feelings. I'm sure mine will pass at some stage, but it totally sucks right now.

LockieKermit

yes, do you find that you get minutes of relief, followed by say, half an hour of misery, then maybe a few moments of relief?

I just feel so pathetic...

You should all give your self the credit you deserve, you have made the big step to come on here and be open and honest about how you feel, that takes courage:)
Your stronger than you think.