Having difficulty developing autonomy

Nervous

I'm 24 years old and still live with my mom. I've been going to college for about four and a half years and don't have my bachelor's degree yet. Even after switching majors I don't really feel passionate about any one career.

This semester I only registered for one class since they took away my financial for having dropped too many classes. My savings account is running dry. I have a CD but don't want to be dipping into that too much. I'd like to at least have a steady job so my finances aren't going in the red. My younger brother might be moving out soon, so now I'm gonna feel more pressure to finish school and get a job to support myself. It's always been hard for me to find a job. Most people get jobs because of connections they have but I have none.

Can anyone out there relate? Any advice on getting out of major rut I'm in? I know there are men in their 40's who still live with mom. No offense to them, but I hope by that age I have a wife and kids and a good career.

DannieCleo

i just turned 30 last month and still live at home.

i am in a shit load of debt so will be there for at least another 5 years, unless i win the lottery or get one hell of a pay rise.

i always thought i would be gone by the age of 21. then 25. then when i got my post graduate degree.

You get the picture...

Yes, it sucks, because i love my own company and i need and want my own place so bad (currantly live with mum, sister and 6 year old nephew who makes it his BUSINESS to be as annoying as possible!!). I would have no problem in the world with living alone. Its just not financially viable right now. And won't be for another half decade at least :x