Having another moment...

durda_dan

it's one thought, that graduates in itself to make you think you are a pedofile and that you like children.
there is also HOCD (homosexual where in the person thinks they might be Homosexual)
i'm new to it too, there might be more, but i'm not sure.

Morgan01

ooh..interesting. well then I don't have that. So then that person convinces thenself they are a pediphile and they molest children or they just have a really hard time?

durda_dan

they have terrible anxiety every time they look at children, and just like intrusive thoughts, try and stay away from them

durda_dan

Pure O means you have No compulsions, no washing your hands, no turning around a table before you eat, no counting, no whatever some people do.
Me, I have Pure O... most of th time, Once a month-ish i get ticks to clean my house, Super clean. But other than that, i'm all O

durda_dan

So Intrusive thoughts, are Pure O,
Homosexual OCD is pure O,
Pedophile OCD is pure O

Counting and double checking are not.

durda_dan

that just means you have bad OCD, but as iread i think Pure O is more difficult to cure, If you have some compulsions they are easier to remedy

Morgan01

I have.. more intrusive thoughts less complusions my intusive thoughts are worse and more noticeable and interfere with my life more.. but I do still have compulsions .. mostly checking.. and some small things that son't much interfere with things that show up at random. I have a lot of mental complusions like showing images over and over in my head in a certain order.. most of my complusions are random things not routine things
like I will randomely see something that i hate on a piece of clothing and try to get t off until the clothing is all cut up.. or see a scab or skin tag on myself that bothers me and I will try to get it off until it is bleeding.. I wont leave things alone. .............................................................................. AM i too broken to be fixed?

getbornagain

Your OCD doesn't have to be exclusive to only Pure-O or ritual-OCD. You can have bits of both, more of one than the other, it's a continuum not a black/white scenario.

Sexual obsessions (pedophile fears, homosexual fears), religious, murder, and harm obsessions all fall into the Pure-O category because they are all mental ruminations. You couldn't tell the person is going through it because there are no visual compulsions. The debate is all in the mind.

Hand-washing, lock-checking, going through doors multiple times, not stepping on cracks, arranging things, etc etc is typically known as ritual-OCD. Because it is more visible to others, and sufferers are more willing to discuss ritual-O than Pure-O obsessions, it is stereotyped as the most common OCD. When people with very little knowledge of OCD think about it, they think about hand-washers, counters, lock-checkers yada yada... not pure-Os.

The one constant with all types and subtypes of OCD is your basic insecurity or paranoia.

Morgan01

I see, well that makes sense. I should get a book on it or something. I guess then I have more Pure O but some ritual OCD also. Yeah it's very grey.