Having a boyfriend + social anxiety...

barrelandro

Hi there!

So i am with my boyfriend for 1,5 years now. If he is with me, everything seems great. When he is gone, he is out, he is at work..i feel anxious. Sometimes when i havn't heard from him in 3 days..like now, then i am thinking. '' oh oh he doens't want me anymore, or that he has someone else''. It's driving me nuts...because it's hard for me to trust him as well :( probably because of my anxiety...It seems my whole life IS my boyfriend...so stupid.

Anyone else with the same problem with his or her boyfriend/girlfriend? And have some tips to chill down and not panic soo much?

Kinetik

I often have this same problem - whenever I have a girlfriend she becomes the only thing in my life. If she's not around, I do almost nothing because I don't feel comfortable doing things alone. I also obsess over what she gets up to, though I will constantly tell her that I'm okay with everything. It's like I'm lying to myself by telling her I'm fine with it all, because I know that my crazy feelings aren't reasonable.

In general, I think it's best to give your partner as much freedom as possible. I find that the more we fear something, the more likely it is to happen, so try not to begrudge him his space. I am sure that if you are accepting and supportive of him, he'll want to be around you more, so I think it will actually work in your favour if you're able to relax about it all. Maybe you could try thinking of some nice things to do with your alone-time; take a hot bath, listen to music, anything to de-stress. Exercise works great as well. If you can amuse yourself like this, you can take your mind off your boyfriend for a while. If you really need to know what he's up to, you can always just send him a nice text or something, just to let him know you're thinking about him. Saying "I miss you" will always work better than being overly possessive. :)

Last edited: