Have you tried internet dating?

van_sp

I'm meeting a girl later on today for coffee. Although meeting someone online is kind of awkward, it's the initial phone call that I get nervous about.
Anyone else trying the internet?

Zipper

I've gone on about 6 dates with girls I met on a personals site. One of the girls I ended up dating for about 3 months until I discovered that she is a total bitch.

Scottish_Player

Good luck to ya mate :) have you been talking to her online long?

Ive tried the whole online dating thing, sent out 100's of messages but i think women are looking for the perfect guy on all the big dating sites, thats why they are single and on there, because they are too fussy :p

van_sp

I'm back from the date. Nice girl but not as attractive as her picture. I was exchanging glances with the girl sitting behind her, she was more my physical type...
Maybe I'll go out with her again, strictly platonic...if she goes for that.
She shouldn't be offended if I tell her "friends only" should she?

Brad38

Myspace is good. Eharmony really sucks. Overall, I think internet dating is good if you have the perfect face, otherwise, you are better off doing it the traditional way because you will never make it to first base.
Yeah but the good news I am dating for the first time in my life at the age of 38! And I met her offline and she is not bad looking. I guess its better late than never.
I would advice anyone though with severe SA, get help. Don`t put it on the backburner like I did. Its just going to raise its ugly head. To really acheive any happiness in life, you have to face your fears and take risks.

Moonie

I actually met my current BF on one of those online personal dating sites. I didn't have my own profile, but this was a site where everyone was giving out their AIM screen names, so I randomly IMed some people. My BF was the only person I ever met from online in real life. We talked on AIM for three months before meeting in person. We have been dating since November 2004.

I think that talking online has helped us have a headstart.. so to speak. It's harder for me to form relationships from people IRL. I guess I haven't had many opportunities, though, because I have been with current BF for awhile. Though, I think it's a little easier for me to open up on the computer.. and when you meet, you at least have some background information. I'd perhaps do it again.

LittleMissScareAll

Tried it and so far nothing has worked out good yet. I've met people from various sites...dating sites, myspace, random sites, etc... It is pretty much the only way I can find anyone though...the last person who showed any interest in me aside from people on the internet was the Directv guy, and I was going out with my asshole ex at the time. I should have dumped him for the tv guy, dammit! :evil: haha...nah, I'm in another relationship now with someone else who also has social anxiety & depression.

LittleMissScareAll

frustr4t3d said:
Did u meet him at this site? 8) well anyways, congrats! i wish i could find someone with the same problems... would make things much easier :?

Thanks...no I didn't meet him here...I met him at PlentyOfFish...and he's on myspace too. But we originally met on PlentyOfFish. Good luck in finding somebody like you

SocialRetahd

I'm affraid to try internet dating, strictly because I would be embarrassed for anyone to know that I'm doing it.

van_sp

SocialRetahd said:
I'm affraid to try internet dating, strictly because I would be embarrassed for anyone to know that I'm doing it.

I felt like that the first time I tried it. But it's very common and half the people out there have tried it in one form or another.
It's a good way to get pre-qualifying info about someone before you meet.
Or just kill some time if you have time to kill...my social life kinda sucks after I broke up with the g/f...
Don't knock it till you try it. ;)