Have you been diagnosed professionally?

redlady

I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist - before i was i thought i had agoraphobia - because i didn't like to go outside. I had no idea what social phobia was before my diagnosis.

Quiki

Some how I knew that something was wrong, beocuse I didnt talk even to my friends and I felt very depressed. Then I went google with "depressed" word and I found SA wich descript me. :(

MrsCeleste

Fred, you really shouldn't be scared to ask your parents. Its nothing to be afraid or emberressed about.

Phobia's and anxiaty are something that EVERY person on this planet has to deal with. Even animals experiance these emotions. If you want help, or think you need it, go get it now. These problems dont go away they build up and get worse.

MrsCeleste

BTW, a bit of non-professional advice for everyone,

I have been trying all the different methods of help since I started having panic attacks. What has helped me the most are the ones without drugs or long latin names.

An anxiaty is a habit formed in your mind in reaction to a perticular surrounding. Its NOT an illness that has to take over your life. A SAD lamp and positive attitude are all you need. There is really great help out there, you just have to weed out the bs and find it.

There are organizations that will give you a scholorship to get help. I'm using one of them. If anyone wants any advice on different methods of help or even just a chat, leave a note on the forum or send me a private message. I've gotten so much better in the past few months and I dont want anyone to feel the way I used to feel about myself. :D

coolguy2005

I got better but I still have the damn thing.

I think for severe cases...you need medication. After, it's all about reprogramming your mind.

coolguy2005

I got better but I still have the damn thing.

I think for severe cases...you need medication. After, it's all about reprogramming your mind.