Have people passed you by in life too?

lonely_world

I hate getting on myspace, but I do it because I want to meet people. But then I end up looking up old friends, exes, and that's what's makes me so depressed. They have been able to keep jobs longer than me, they have been able to keep friends longer than me, they have been able to keep a relationship longer than me, they have had kids but not me. I feel so upset, but I know I cannot dwell on it, I cannot do anything about it. It hurts, but maybe someday I will have a life too; maybe it was never meant for me.

Agitprop

I feel the same way. People are always getting stuff done and I have nothing to show for myself. But people don't pass us by, they are just living their lives. It is up to us to work to do the same, instead of just being jealous and spiteful. People aren't trying to keep us from living a normal life, they just aren't going to create for us, because that's our own job.

Fairylicious

I agree.

I can relate to being discoraged when i look around and feel like everyone i know is so much farther or better at whatever than me. I take it another step and create this nightmare in my head where not only are they better than me, but that they know it and harp on it in their own lives behind my back.

rationally, i realize that no one is paying that much attention to anyone. I do know this... my brain is just really really stubborn.

But what is key is that life isn't a race and you have no reason to compare yourself to the advances of other people. No one has had your life but you. Know one has the ability to understand your life the way you do. Even someone set in the same circumstances as you at the same time wouldn't come out exactly like you... therefore, why spend so much time worrying about not being them? In fact the time we waste worrying about what other people are thinking or how far we precieve they've gotten in life is that much time we take away from our own growth.

You have no idea what so and so has had to do to get to where they are. Sure they could just be super lucky... but where is the wisdom in luck? More than likely they had their own pile of shit that they have had to deal with along the way-- or are dealing with. For each and every one of us on here, there is at least two people out there struggling not seeking help for their problems. Yet they do have life's "advances" to deal with like kids, a stressful job, parents, whatever.

my point is only that you are only seeing a window into someone's life, you haven't seen the whole house.

Try and focus on you and what you can do... afterall, there isn't ever going to be another you.

and yes, i soooo realize this is easier said then done...
look at my posts, i'm a freaking wreck... but if i've said anything that may help, i am happy to pass on information that i haven't yet been able to fully digest myself. :lol:

Sad-Kitten

I signed up on facebook some weeks ago to try and find old friends. I found it actually made me feel worse seeing all my old friends moving on.

I tried contacting one but never got a reply. Oh well for the best i guess. I realize that i need to focus on my own life before i can worry about others.