Have anyone been laughed at

toto

Have anyone been laughed at, by strangers ,because of acting nervous and weird in public?

ljwwriter

Absolutely my friend. One of my supervisors actually laughed at me once because I was acting nervous and ackward. It was such a harsh experience for me. My supervisor was standing there chatting with the other managers as I asked one of them if I could head home. It seemed that no one heard me so I asked again in a nervous, slighty shaky voice. After the 3rd time one of the managers turns around and is like "I said yeah" or something to that effect, and my supervisor just stands there laughing at me. Some others things have happened as well. I cringe. I always feel like the fool for the King's pleasure.

Winter

Not in public, but in class I sometimes get laughed at if I get nervous or go red or something like if the teacher calls my name

HexNoir

Yeah! And I happened to find out the cure to this whole chain of events. Just laugh with them... AT yourself. No lie, the tension drops, your heart rate gravitates toward normal and you feel absolutely fine... if you can accomplish this task.

It's like how shy people are shy because they're afraid of being shy. It makes no sense to an outsider, but can be pain for a sufferer. So next time you feel shy, admit it and realize it's not gonna kill you even if you are shy... and your mind will magically stop feeling like it needs to resist against this process.

Fear iteself, my friend... nothing to fear but fear itself ;)

Ads7800

Nearly everytime I go out this happens.

It's a painful feeling which rarely completely subsides; however the bitterness towards the sheer arrogance of some people within society is something that lingers with force.

I sometimes approach people and say "What's so funny?", in a cool but firm voice, and that usually sends the message that their behaviour is something that I won't accept.

In TAFE College I approached a group of youngsters who I could tell were laughing at me behind my back and stated outright "I hear a lot of laughter going on and apparently I'm funny and I was wondering if you could tell me why?" My calm assertiveness and straight-to-the-point attitude really threw them off guard and they backed down and tried to deny their actions like the true cowards that they were.

My advice would be to try a similar technique: state your case in a firm but calm and assertive manner. In some cases I wouldn't recommend this approach, such as with immature high school students who wouldn't know the meaning of sensitivity if it kicked them in their self-absorbed arses.
However, if you feel that you are dealing with a fairly level-headed individual who really isn't nasty at heart then you may wish to consider just saying "Hey, that really is rude and it needs to stop"!

It's important to speak up and stand up for yourself with peaceful but commanding words. Let the world know that you have the right to exist. If we continue to give our power away to other people they will continue to take advantage of our frailties. So go out there with your head up and let 'em know what time it is!

Emma

Always, the other day, I was out and these two girls started pointing at me and laughing and staring, and of course I had to go and blush and get tears in my eyes when I should be used to it, and said dirty s**t to them in a quiet voice which probably didn't do much good since they couldn't hear..but I felt a little better....maybe its because i walk like a zombie all stiff??

shynobody

Emma said:
and said dirty s**t to them in a quiet voice which probably didn't do much good since they couldn't hear
lmao...you always crack me up! :lol:

maybe its because i walk like a zombie all stiff??
who cares? they wont be looking at how you walk...just at your pretty face and hair ;)

ok...no more ego boosting for you from me...since you never like my replies. bye bye ms josh.

If you act in a different way that the majority of the people, be sure that people laugh at you. We are all different between us, but Society's leaders want that people act like they say. This is called "social totalitarism".